[Micronet] LDAP-Xerox WorkCentre Communication Problem

[Micronet] LDAP-Xerox WorkCentre Communication Problem

John McChesney-Young
Dear All,

Our Xerox WorkCentre 5755 copier/printer/scanner lost its power in the
outage that affected most of the campus a week ago Monday, and after
electricity returned to our building last Wednesday I turned it on and
although most of its functions are back online, it throws an error
message when we try to search the campus directory.

"Remote Server Down: Communication with the Internal Address Book was
not successful within the required time limit. The LDAP Server cannot
be accessed at this time."

Going into the Xerox machine's settings, I found the IP address for
LDAP is set to 169.229.218.90:389, and the search directory root is
ou=people,dc=berkeley,dc=edu.

I can add people manually to the machine's public directory but it
would be nice to get back into LDAP. Any advice on ways I can fix it
myself? Or should I call Xerox for service?

Thanks!

John

--
John McChesney-Young, Administrative Assistant
History of Art Department, 416 Doe MC6020

Re: [Micronet] LDAP-Xerox WorkCentre Communication Problem

Francesco Meschia
Hi,

That IP corresponds to the old LDAP directory server infrastructure, which was decommissioned on August 15th and can no longer be used (messages were posted on Micronet too). If you need to use a numeric IP address, please use 169.229.54.221, but I would recommend using the host name ldap.berkeley.edu instead, if possible.

Francesco

On Oct 10, 2013, at 4:06 PM, John McChesney-Young <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Our Xerox WorkCentre 5755 copier/printer/scanner lost its power in the
> outage that affected most of the campus a week ago Monday, and after
> electricity returned to our building last Wednesday I turned it on and
> although most of its functions are back online, it throws an error
> message when we try to search the campus directory.
>
> "Remote Server Down: Communication with the Internal Address Book was
> not successful within the required time limit. The LDAP Server cannot
> be accessed at this time."
>
> Going into the Xerox machine's settings, I found the IP address for
> LDAP is set to 169.229.218.90:389, and the search directory root is
> ou=people,dc=berkeley,dc=edu.
>
> I can add people manually to the machine's public directory but it
> would be nice to get back into LDAP. Any advice on ways I can fix it
> myself? Or should I call Xerox for service?
>
> Thanks!
>
> John
>
> --
> John McChesney-Young, Administrative Assistant
> History of Art Department, 416 Doe MC6020
> U. C. Berkeley, Berkeley CA 94720-6020
> [hidden email] // voice 1-510-642-5511 // fax 1-510-643-2185

Re: [Micronet] LDAP-Xerox WorkCentre Communication Problem

John McChesney-Young
Thank you so much, Francesco! That worked. Unfortunately the machine's
settings require an IP address instead of a domain, but I'll try to
pay closer attention when messages of that sort get posted to
Micronet.

Best,

John