[Micronet] Lenovo gateway

jsparks
Hi,
I'm trying to buy a Lenovo laptop but I can't find the Campus portal.
Pls help!

Jay

Re: [Micronet] Lenovo gateway

tedcrum
The Bear Buy folk can tell you how to do it.

As I recall, you select "Computer/Office"  from the drop down and
search for "Lenovo."

Then look on the left side of the next screen and pick Lenovo US as
the supplier.

One the next screen, click "order from supplier"

But please don't waste your time. Strategic Sourcing has negotiated
prices about 15% above Lenovo's standard educational price. As a
test, I spend quite a while making  an Thinkpad X2-something
configuration that could be sourced from both sites with exactly the
same warranty, wireless, Windows version, whatever, and the price
difference was huge.

Question: Does Strategic Sourcing take a cut?

Apparently we are expected to buy Dells. We decided to get a Lenovo
with a Blu card from the non-bearbuy site.

-tc

At 11:05 AM 1/30/2013, you wrote:

>Hi,
>I'm trying to buy a Lenovo laptop but I can't find the Campus portal.
>Pls help!
>
>Jay

>meetings, please visit the Micronet Web site:
>
>http://micronet.berkeley.edu
>
>Messages you send to this mailing list are public and
>world-viewable, and the list's archives can be browsed and searched
>on the Internet.  This means these messages can be viewed by (among
>others) your bosses, prospective employers, and people who have
>known you in the past.

Re: [Micronet] Lenovo gateway

jsparks
Thanks Ted...perfect instructions.

I'm confused about the reference to Strategic Sourcing.  But, since this is for research, I'll take the
path of least resistance...jay

At 11:05 AM 1/30/2013, you wrote:
Hi,
I'm trying to buy a Lenovo laptop but I can't find the Campus portal.
Pls help!

Jay

Re: [Micronet] Lenovo gateway

Petersen, Joanne

Hi Jay and Ted,

I’d like to investigate why Strategic Sourcing’s pricing is higher than Lenovo’s standard educational pricing.  Can you send me the details of the ThinkPad you ordered, the prices you obtained (offsite and in BearBuy) and how you obtained these prices (weblink, BearBuy options)?  Our JACS doesn’t recommend Lenovos, but that is no reason for having higher pricing for their products.

Best regards,

Joanne Hiratsuka Petersen

IT Hardware Strategic Sourcing Manager, Campus Procurement & Contracting

University of California, San Francisco |1855 Folsom #304 | San Francisco, CA 94143-0910

( 415-514-2872 | * [hidden email] | [hidden email]