[Micronet] Lynda.com educational software?

[Micronet] Lynda.com educational software?

Chuck HARRIS
Hi.  We are interested in using Lynda.com at the J-School.  We want to know if others wish to join us by participating in a campus-wide site license.  If so, please reply with the following:

Your FULL NAME:
Your DEPARTMENT:
Approximate number of USERS:

Thank you,

Chuck Harris
[hidden email] | 510-642-3662

Re: [Micronet] Lynda.com educational software?

Kathleen Valerio
To Chuck and Micronet

I agree Lynda.com is superior to the self-paced content campus offers thru SkillSoft as "e-Learn"  thru Blu.berkeley.edu

But I'd also encourage you to look at one other tool Berkeley started offering this year,
We did a pilot phase January - March and settled into a monthly agreement that grants individuals 3 sessions per month.
This made more sense to use that buying annual licenses in light of Calpacts' charge to support thousands of staff.
The 3 hr limitation - is Berkeley's way of managing our budget.
Plenty of people are very happy with VI.
In fact the only complaint I hear is people want more. (and I'm working on that)

VI offers 1 hour on-line LIVE classes for Adobe, MS Sharepoint, WebDesign etc. for PC or MAC
They also offer offer free daily 2-3 min Quick Tip videos​​
​​
Pricing is on par with Lynda - perhaps the J-school or other units may want consider looking at Virtual instructor as well.
I'd be happy to answer questions questions about Virtual Instructor or put you in direct contact with Janet the owner of the company.
e.g. we are working behind the scenes to get content developed for Google products as well.

So far I've found her flexible and easy to work with  - check it out.
I'm attaching the VI flyer and Calpact Schedule for good measure

Yours truly,

Kathleen Valerio, CalPact Coordinator
CSS Learning & Development

1608 Fourth Street #309-23
Berkeley, CA 94710-7600

Ph <a href="tel:510%20664-9737" value="+15106649737" target="_blank">510 664-9737
[hidden email]
@KathleenValeri0

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." - George Bernard UC Berkeley * reimagines the world *by challenging convention *to shape the future.

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 1:02 PM, Chuck HARRIS <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi.  We are interested in using Lynda.com at the J-School.  We want to know if others wish to join us by participating in a campus-wide site license.  If so, please reply with the following:

Your FULL NAME:
Your DEPARTMENT:
Approximate number of USERS:

Thank you,

Chuck Harris
[hidden email] | <a href="tel:510-642-3662" value="+15106423662" target="_blank">510-642-3662