[Micronet] MATLAB Distributed Computing on Amazon EC2; licensing

[Micronet] MATLAB Distributed Computing on Amazon EC2; licensing

Greg Merritt
Micronet,

We're interested in a new service called MATLAB Distributed Computing Server for Amazon EC2:

This service appears to be in an "early adopter" phase. We registered for access about a week ago, but haven't received any response from Mathworks yet.

Do any of you have any experience with this new service? Any chance that our campus MATLAB licensing applies for this kind of use?

Thanks!

Re: [Micronet] MATLAB Distributed Computing on Amazon EC2; licensing

Kerry Hays
Hi Greg,

Thank you for expressing your interest in this service.  MDCS is not currently part of our campus Matlab licensing agreement, however if there is enough interest from the Matlab user community we would be happy to explore options for adding it to the agreement.

Thank you,

Kerry
IS&T Software Licensing and Distribution

On 2/12/2016 12:41 PM, Greg MERRITT wrote:
Micronet,

We're interested in a new service called MATLAB Distributed Computing Server for Amazon EC2:

This service appears to be in an "early adopter" phase. We registered for access about a week ago, but haven't received any response from Mathworks yet.

Do any of you have any experience with this new service? Any chance that our campus MATLAB licensing applies for this kind of use?

Thanks!

Re: [Micronet] MATLAB Distributed Computing on Amazon EC2; licensing

Greg Merritt
Thank you, Kerry.

Matlab user community: If you're interested, pipe up! :)

-Greg