[Micronet] MONDAY: Agile Brown Bag: Amplifying Success, Turning Around Failure: Noon to 1:30: 101 Warren Hall

[Micronet] MONDAY: Agile Brown Bag: Amplifying Success, Turning Around Failure: Noon to 1:30: 101 Warren Hall

Judy Dobry-2
Hi,

The project's over.  It was a big success.  How do you capture the magic for your next project?  Or maybe you fell on your face. How do you turn failure into success next time?  In both cases, one excellent answer is have a retrospective.

Retrospectives are powerful tools for deconstructing success and failure.  They help you build a toolbox of what works and what doesn't increasing the odds of success on all of your projects.

Our presenter, Donna Seaward from Haas, is well positioned to help us learn how to run retrospectives.  Donna is a co-founder of the Agile Brown Bag Users Group and one of the campus' most knowledgeable Agile practitioners. She'll be using many of the exercises used in the Berkeley Extension class on retrospectives to get us started with this key Agile technique.

So come on out on Monday and make retrospectives part of your toolkit.

Judy (on behalf of the Agile Organizing Committee)

Date:  Monday, December 7
Time:  Noon to 1:30 PM
Place:  101A Warren Hall
Online:  More info on this on Monday

Agile Brown Bag FAQ

What is the fall semester meeting schedule?

December 7:  Agile Workshop IV: Retrospectives

December 21:  Holiday Lunch

All meetings are in 101A Warren Hall.  All meetings run from noon until 1:30.

Who can come to the meetings?

Anyone with an interest in
Agile is welcome at the meeting.   We learn by having everyone from Agile neophytes to long time users share their knowledge and experience.

Do you have to register beforehand?
No registration is required.  Just come to the meeting.  But for this meeting I would really appreciate an email RSVP so that we can be sure to have enough room.

How can I get more information about the meetings?
Please get in touch with the meeting coordinator,  Judy Dobry (
[hidden email][hidden email]).

Do you have a Web site?
agile.berkeley.edu is our web site.  It has all kinds of materials for both new and experienced agile users

How do I add myself to your mailing list?
Go to http://agile.berkeley.edu.

Do you have any other
Agile activities?
We have an hour long introduction to
Agile that we are happy to present to any campus group that requests it.

Who organizes all this?
We have an Organizing Committee that anyone is welcome to join.  Current members include Michelle Bautista(CSS), Kim Carl (VC - Research), Jon Conhaim (TPO), Judy Dobry (Grad Div), Devin Jones (Law), Marlita Kahn (IST), Wendy Pennell (EECS),  Donna Seaward (Haas), Kendall Moalem (CSS) and Ken Sumikawa (SAIT)

--
Judy Dobry
Director, Systems

Re: [Micronet] MONDAY: Agile Brown Bag: Amplifying Success, Turning Around Failure: Noon to 1:30: 101 Warren Hall

kimbercarl
BlueJeans connection information for the meeting today.

 To join the Meeting:
https://bluejeans.com/606890241

To join via Browser:
https://bluejeans.com/606890241/browser

To join with Lync:
https://bluejeans.com/606890241/lync

To join via Room System:
Video Conferencing System: bjn.vc -or- 199.48.152.152
Meeting ID: 606890241

To join via Phone:
1) Dial:
+1.408.740.7256
+1.888.240.2560(US Toll Free)
+1.408.317.9253(Alternate number)
(see all numbers - http://bluejeans.com/numbers)
2) Enter Conference ID: 606890241

---
Kimberly Carl, M.L.I.S.
Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research
119 California Hall
Berkeley, CA  94720
(510) 643-1017

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 8:55 AM, Judy Dobry <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi all,
Here is the slide deck for the session today.

Kim

---

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 10:56 AM, Kimberly R. CARL <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Resources from the Agile Brown Bag today are available at: http://agile.berkeley.edu/brown-bag-sessions
Thank you Donna Seaward from another great session.

---