[Micronet] MONDAY: Agile Brown Bag: Time, Time, Time What Has Become of Me?: Noon to 1:30: 101A Warren Hall

[Micronet] MONDAY: Agile Brown Bag: Time, Time, Time What Has Become of Me?: Noon to 1:30: 101A Warren Hall

Judy Dobry-2
Hi,

You know that sinking feeling.  You look at your project plan and you're a little (maybe a lot?) panicked.  Can you meet your deadline?  Can you do it without working 60+ hours a week?    Agile can't guarantee success but, as someone who has been there,  I can tell you that no method I have tried as a project lead has been as successful in getting us to the deadlines on time.

Wendy Pennel, of EECS, has had a lot of success with Agile.  That's why we've asked her to lead a workshop on Agile scheduling.  So bring your lunch to 101A Warren Hall on Monday at noon and learn how to schedule projects minus the panic.

Agile workshops use real projects to improve our Agile skills.  These workshops are designed for everyone - those who came to the last workshop and those who didn't; those who are new to Agile and those who are experienced Agelists; and those in IT and those in other areas.    Because they are hands on workshops, we encourage you to come in person but you are most welcome online.

Date:  Monday, October 12, 2015 from Noon to 1:30
Place:  101A Warren Hall
To Watch Online: https://plus.google.com/events/coqtf6u368vv828t4ccvpc2f0d8?authkey=CMHzgpXeucCYNQ
backup link:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13RinFOA1tc[hidden email]

Judy (on behalf of the Agile Organizing Committee)

Agile Brown Bag FAQ

What is the fall meeting schedule?

September 28:   Agile Workshop I:   Writing a Charter for Your Agile Project with Jon Conhaim
October 5:   Agile Workshop II:  Prioritizing Your Agile Project with Judy Dobry (in 331 Sproul Hall)
October 12:  Agile Workshop III:  Scheduling Your Agile Project with Wendy Pennell
October 26:  Agile User Input and Project Design with Bernadette Geuy
November 9:  Agile Mindset with David Chilcott
December 7:  Agile Workshop IV: Retrospectives
December 21:  Holiday Lunch

Almost all meetings are in 101A Warren Hall except where noted.  All meetings run from noon until 1:30.

Who can come to the meetings?

Anyone with an interest in
Agile is welcome at the meeting.   We learn by having everyone from Agile neophytes to long time users share their knowledge and experience.

Do you have to register beforehand?
No registration is required.  Just come to the meeting.  But for this meeting I would really appreciate an email RSVP so that we can be sure to have enough room.

How can I get more information about the meetings?
Please get in touch with the meeting coordinator,  Judy Dobry (
[hidden email]).

Do you have a Web site?
agile.berkeley.edu is our web site.  It has all kinds of materials for both new and experienced agile users

How do I add myself to your mailing list?
Go to http://agile.berkeley.edu.

Do you have any other
Agile activities?
We have an hour long introduction to
Agile that we are happy to present to any campus group that requests it.

Who organizes all this?
We have an Organizing Committee that anyone is welcome to join.  Current members include Michelle Bautista(CSS), Kim Carl (VC - Research), Jon Conhaim (TPO), Judy Dobry (Grad Div), Devin Jones (Law), Marlita Kahn (IST), Wendy Pennell (EECS),  Donna Seaward (Haas), Kendall Moalem (CSS) and Ken Sumikawa (SAIT)

--
Judy Dobry
Director, Systems