Quantcast

[Micronet] Mac GUI LDAP Search Tool -- LDapper

[Micronet] Mac GUI LDAP Search Tool -- LDapper

Ian Crew
Hi all:

Just in case this happens to be useful to someone else, I thought I’d share:

After poking around for quite a while this afternoon for a decent Mac GUI LDAP search tool (because not everyone’s comfortable with the command-line “ldapsearch” tool!), I finally discovered LDapper (http://carl-bell.baylor.edu/ReadMeFiles/LDapper.html).  It’s by far the best of the bunch that I was able to discover this afternoon after doing a bunch of Googling.

(It’s nice enough that I might even start using it instead of ldapsearch myself!)

Cheers,

Ian
___
Ian Crew

IST-Architecture, Platforms and Integration (API)
Earl Warren Hall, Second Floor

To learn more about Micronet, please visit the Micronet Web site: http://micronet.berkeley.edu

Messages you send to this mailing list are public and world-viewable, and the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet. This means these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses, prospective employers, and people who have known you in the past.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Micronet" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/lists.berkeley.edu/group/micronet-list/.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/lists.berkeley.edu/d/msgid/micronet-list/CE222EFD-55C5-4553-A771-7EC272C591C4%40berkeley.edu.

[Micronet] Re: Mac GUI LDAP Search Tool -- LDapper

Karl R. Grose
On Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 2:14:42 PM UTC-7, Ian Crew wrote:

After poking around for quite a while this afternoon for a decent Mac GUI LDAP search tool (because not everyone’s comfortable with the command-line “ldapsearch” tool!), I finally discovered LDapper (<a href="http://carl-bell.baylor.edu/ReadMeFiles/LDapper.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fcarl-bell.baylor.edu%2FReadMeFiles%2FLDapper.html\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFKremc0il0YfYI8_RMg4c5jno9OQ&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fcarl-bell.baylor.edu%2FReadMeFiles%2FLDapper.html\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFKremc0il0YfYI8_RMg4c5jno9OQ&#39;;return true;">http://carl-bell.baylor.edu/ReadMeFiles/LDapper.html).  It’s by far the best of the bunch that I was able to discover this afternoon after doing a bunch of Googling.

For a Java-only app, Apache Directory Studio also works reasonably well:

   https://directory.apache.org/studio/

--Karl

To learn more about Micronet, please visit the Micronet Web site: http://micronet.berkeley.edu

Messages you send to this mailing list are public and world-viewable, and the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet. This means these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses, prospective employers, and people who have known you in the past.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Micronet" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/lists.berkeley.edu/group/micronet-list/.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/lists.berkeley.edu/d/msgid/micronet-list/e0e8e0f9-d837-4022-a079-e475da54a0a1%40lists.berkeley.edu.

Re: [Micronet] Re: Mac GUI LDAP Search Tool -- LDapper

Ian Crew

On May 10, 2016, at 2:20 PM, Karl Grose <[hidden email]> wrote:

For a Java-only app, Apache Directory Studio also works reasonably well:

Thanks Karl—that’s actually one of the first I tried.  When I tried ADS (on Mac OS X 10.11.4) with an authenticated bind, it just spun up my CPU to 100% and sat there until I killed it an hour or so later.  Unauthenticated binds worked OK, though.  Strange.  As I actually prefer the LDapper interface, I’m personally not that inclined to spend too much time troubleshooting it.

I also tried Jxplorer, which worked OK, even with authenticated binds, but I didn’t like the UI as much.

Cheers,

Ian

___

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/lists.berkeley.edu/d/msgid/micronet-list/63A45882-A5B5-4E12-8D8A-CA52767F0991%40berkeley.edu.