[Micronet] Mac Mail and CalMail oddity

Kevin Edgecomb
I have a user who's noticed an interesting issue with Mac Mail (4.4) and CalMail. Using IMAP, when his Rules move a message with an attachment to a folder, the attachment is garbled.  Yet the attachment is fine if the rule is disabled and it sits in the Inbox, or if he manually moves or copies it.  Strange, right?

Has anyone else had this happen?

Regards,
Kevin Edgecomb
Systems Administrator
Space Sciences Laboratory, UC Berkeley

Re: [Micronet] Mac Mail and CalMail oddity

Bernie Rossi
Hi Kevin,

I am forwarding your message into the CalMail consult ticketing queue.
I can assist you from there.

Thanks,

Bernie

On 3/18/11 12:47 PM, Kevin Edgecomb wrote:

> I have a user who's noticed an interesting issue with Mac Mail (4.4) and CalMail. Using IMAP, when his Rules move a message with an attachment to a folder, the attachment is garbled.  Yet the attachment is fine if the rule is disabled and it sits in the Inbox, or if he manually moves or copies it.  Strange, right?
>
> Has anyone else had this happen?
>
> Regards,
> Kevin Edgecomb
> Systems Administrator
> Space Sciences Laboratory, UC Berkeley
> [hidden email]
> (510) 643-4117

Re: [Micronet] Mac Mail and CalMail oddity

Mark Ingles
Kevin,

I don't have this problem running OS X 10.6.6 and Mail 4.4. On my system, Word and graphic attachments move fine with rules in place. A couple of ideas:

- Delete the rules and recreate them.
- Create a new account on the user's machine and see if the problem carries over.

Mark

On Mar 18, 2011, at 1:54 PM, Bernie Rossi wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> I am forwarding your message into the CalMail consult ticketing queue.
> I can assist you from there.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bernie
>

> On 3/18/11 12:47 PM, Kevin Edgecomb wrote:
>> I have a user who's noticed an interesting issue with Mac Mail (4.4) and CalMail. Using IMAP, when his Rules move a message with an attachment to a folder, the attachment is garbled.  Yet the attachment is fine if the rule is disabled and it sits in the Inbox, or if he manually moves or copies it.  Strange, right?
>>
>> Has anyone else had this happen?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Kevin Edgecomb
>> Systems Administrator
>> Space Sciences Laboratory, UC Berkeley
>> [hidden email]
>> (510) 643-4117

Mark Ingles
UC Berkeley, 2195 Hearst Ave, Berkeley, CA 94720
Departmental On-site Computing Support (DOCS)
Information Services & Technology
http://docs.berkeley.edu

Re: [Micronet] Mac Mail and CalMail oddity

Kevin Edgecomb
Thank you all for the suggestions.

Regards,
Kevin.