[Micronet] Mail that never arrives

Mike Friedman
Has anyone else encountered the problem I've been having, since the end of November, of not receiving certain mail, in particular from Wells Fargo Bank?

When I do an ATM transaction (deposit or withdrawal) from my Wells Fargo account, I select the option to have a receipt emailed to me.  But since the end of November, that mail never arrives.  It doesn't show up in my spam folder, or anywhere else that I can find.  Yet if I log into my Wells Fargo account, there is a record of the receipt that should have been sent.  I hate the fact that there may be other mail I'm not getting which I'm not even aware of and which may be more important that these bank receipts.

I'm wondering of anybody else has encountered this.

BTW:  I had this problem before, earlier this year, before I moved to bMail.  But at that time the CalMail folks were able to adjust the phishing filter that was causing it, fixing the problem.  This time, apparently, there's nothing they can do.

Thanks.

Mike
--
Mike Friedman
[hidden email]

Re: [Micronet] Mail that never arrives

Guy D. VINSON
Check your spam "folder" in bmail and if you find anything from Wells Fargo or anything else you don't consider spam select it and mark it as not spam. The google spam filters will learn. I do this every week or so just to be on the safe side... At least that is where my Wells Fargo messages ended up.

On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 3:51 PM, Mike Friedman <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Guy Vinson
Infrastructure & IT
College of Environmental Design
University of California at Berkeley

On 2012-12-22 16:40, Guy D. VINSON wrote:
Check your spam "folder" in bmail and if you find anything from Wells Fargo or anything else you don't consider spam select it and mark it as not spam. The google spam filters will learn. I do this every week or so just to be on the safe side... At least that is where my Wells Fargo messages ended up.

Guy,

As I said in my earlier mail, there's nothing in my spam folder that doesn't look like actual spam, in particular nothing from Wells Fargo.  So there's no way I can "educate" the Google spam filter.  I wish it would show up there, so I could mark it as "not spam".  But there's no sign of the expected mail anywhere that I can see.  There have been at least three different occasions since the end of November when this has occurred, including today.

Mike

[...]

Gabriel Gonzalez
Hi

To Mike and others who have this experience, please send details of the incident to [hidden email] . Sender, recipient and date/time are useful. issues within the last 5 days would be best. We can track the message and if it has been tagged as spam or done other status, we can see that as well.

We are working with our Google consultants on spam tweaking right now, so please don't hesitate to send us data.

Thanks,
Gabriel Gonzalez
bConnected and Law

Re: [Micronet] Mail that never arrives

Guy D. VINSON
Sorry... just being a smart ass. i still end up with about half my Wells messages in my non bmail gmail account spam folder even with "training"

Guy

On 2012-12-22 16:51, Gabriel Gonzalez wrote:
Hi

To Mike and others who have this experience, please send details of the incident to [hidden email] . Sender, recipient and date/time are useful. issues within the last 5 days would be best. We can track the message and if it has been tagged as spam or done other status, we can see that as well.

Gabriel,

OK, I've just sent an excerpt of the receipt I should have gotten, containing date/time sent.

Thanks for looking into this.

Mike

We are working with our Google consultants on spam tweaking right now, so please don't hesitate to send us data.

Thanks,
Gabriel Gonzalez
bConnected and Law

Re: [Micronet] Mail that never arrives

Jon Broshious-2
Mike,

The last message that came in from Wells Fargo to you that I saw was  2012-12-17 10:01:58. So in this particular case, there is no email that made it to the mail server since then.
Jon Broshious

On 2012-12-22 16:40, Guy D. VINSON wrote:
[...]

Information Services and Technology
Campus Technology Services

On 2012-12-22 17:26, Jon Broshious wrote:
Mike,

The last message that came in from Wells Fargo to you that I saw was  2012-12-17 10:01:58. So in this particular case, there is no email that made it to the mail server since then.

Jon,

Well, as it happens, I did receive that particular mail, which is of a different kind, as it was not the result of an ATM transaction.  It seems the ones that are not getting through are those that I initiate at the ATM when I ask for a receipt to be emailed to me.

Previous ATM receipts that I didn't get via email were sent at the following times:

12/16/2012  13:22
12/13/2012  13:28
12/08/2012  10:15
12/03/2012  12:29
12/02/2012  14:54

Prior to that was one sent on 11/26, which I did get.  And I received all earlier ones back to last January when I last had this problem, at that time using CalMail.

Mike

--
Mike Friedman
[hidden email]
http://mikefberkeley.com

Re: [Micronet] Mail that never arrives

Beth Muramoto
I've been experiencing strange mail behavior with my iPhone where every sent message I make on my iPhone doesn't show up in any sent mail box/label whether it's my iPhone, Apple Mail or bMail and when I do a search, nothing shows up. My message gets to the person, but I don't have a copy of it. I see all the sent messages I send from Mail and bMail on my iPhone.

I've already reported this to bconnected and have been working with a patient Richard from ASC, but I wanted to share the similarity here. Thus far, the solution hasn't been found except for bcc:ing myself.

 Beth

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 22, 2012, at 4:51 PM, Gabriel Gonzalez <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi

To Mike and others who have this experience, please send details of the incident to [hidden email] . Sender, recipient and date/time are useful. issues within the last 5 days would be best. We can track the message and if it has been tagged as spam or done other status, we can see that as well.

We are working with our Google consultants on spam tweaking right now, so please don't hesitate to send us data.

Thanks,
Gabriel Gonzalez
bConnected and Law

Re: [Micronet] Mail that never arrives

Jon Broshious-2
No email from wells on those dates. I'd say that ATM transactions are not generating an email notification. Maybe you have settings for that with Wells.

On 2012-12-22 18:12, Jon Broshious wrote:
No email from wells on those dates. I'd say that ATM transactions are not generating an email notification. Maybe you have settings for that with Wells.

Jon,

I've checked out all settings on my logged in account at the Wells Fargo web site.  There is nothing that controls the mailing of ATM receipts.  In fact, I wanted to change to an alternate email address to see if that would work, but there's no way to do it.  I can establish a setting for various "alerts", such as when a withdrawal exceeds a certain amount. That works and, in fact, I just received one of those alerts, which I set up to bypass the problem at hand (by choosing an artificial threshhold of $1 above which an alert should be sent).  But receipts themselves don't get to me by email, even though the Wells Fargo web site says I received them (and that's where I retrieved the ones whose timestamps I sent you).

(BTW, the alerts are not quite a good substitute for the receipts, because the former take several hours to arrive, whereas the receipts, when I used to get them, were sent immediately).

Apparently something outbound of Wells Fargo is filtering these emails, which Wells Fargo thinks it sent.

Mike