[Micronet] Mainframe Connection Settings Changing

[Micronet] Mainframe Connection Settings Changing

Tim Heidinger
This message is for staff who support users of the mainframe Student DB2 database and the Campus Accounts Receivable System (CARS).

Mainframe users will be emailed a new user id, temporary password and step-by-step instructions to change their connection settings.

Since you might be asked to help change the connection settings of Host Explorer, TN3270 or other terminal emulation,  here's a quick summary of the changes:

Current Settings: To be used though Fri, Sep 30
Host name: ironwood.berkeley.edu
Port number: 23 with ssl/tls security

New Settings: Start using Mon, Oct 3rd
Host name: uccmvsb.ucop.edu
Port number: 992 with ssl/tls security

Note: Users will be required to change their password the first time they login.

Additional information about this change is available at the Mainframe Migration FAQ.

If you have questions, please contact me.

Thanks,
Tim Heidinger
Mainframe Migration Project Manager
(510) 629-4272   [hidden email]

Re: [Micronet] Mainframe Connection Settings Changing

Richard DeShong-2

Tim,

Just checking in.  I haven’t received my “new user id, temporary password” for my ftp site.  Also, I haven’t received anything for my TN3270 type connection.

--

Richard DeShong, Information Systems Analyst

Athletic Study Center, UC Berkeley

164 Chavez Student Center

510-642-5123 office

925-285-1088 cell