Quantcast

[Micronet] MalWare and Mac

Charles James
Hi, All:

Is this a good piece of software and is it necessary for the Mac?

Charles

https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/mac/

Charles E. James
IST - Administrative IT Solutions
Wk: 510-642-8440
ASG Deputy Email: [hidden email]

We no longer live life through our own innate primary
human sensory abilities. Rather, we experience it mediated
through screens, virtual walls that sever us from our
intrinsic senses and define the world for us. Screens
interpose themselves between us and the real world,
projecting information that is purportedly equal to
reality but is at best only ever a rough approximation,
one that is easily manipulated. - Marc Goodman

Re: [Micronet] MalWare and Mac

David Schwartz

> On Mar 1, 2016, at 12:20 PM, Charles James <[hidden email]> asked:
>
> Hi, All:
>
> Is this a good piece of software and is it necessary for the Mac?
>
> Charles
>
> https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/mac/

It’s a fine program; does what it’s designed to do. It used to be called AdwareMedic before being acquired by Malwerebytes.

http://www.adwaremedic.com

--
David Schwartz
[hidden email]

Campus Shared Services IT
To submit a service request, please go to
https://shared-services-help.berkeley.edu/
or call 664-9000, options 1, 4, 2

Re: [Micronet] MalWare and Mac

Bruce Satow
On the Windows side it is excellent.

On 3/1/2016 12:20 PM, Charles James wrote:
Hi, All:

Is this a good piece of software and is it necessary for the Mac?

Charles

https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/mac/

Charles E. James
IST - Administrative IT Solutions
Wk: 510-642-8440
ASG Deputy Email: [hidden email]

We no longer live life through our own innate primary
human sensory abilities. Rather, we experience it mediated
through screens, virtual walls that sever us from our
intrinsic senses and define the world for us. Screens
interpose themselves between us and the real world,
projecting information that is purportedly equal to
reality but is at best only ever a rough approximation,
one that is easily manipulated. - Marc Goodman

Bruce Satow
Systems Administrator
  University of California at Berkeley
Space Sciences Laboratory
7 Gauss Way
Berkeley, California 94720-7450
[hidden email]
Phone: (510) 643-2348
Cell: (510) 847-1914

Re: [Micronet] MalWare and Mac

Alex Walton
It worked well on my Mac last year - I think ;)

Best,

Alex Walton

CSS-HR SN Project Manager
bConnected Project Manager
cell:  407-310-6156

On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 3:15 PM, Bruce Satow <[hidden email]> wrote:
On the Windows side it is excellent.

On 3/1/2016 12:20 PM, Charles James wrote:
Hi, All:

Is this a good piece of software and is it necessary for the Mac?

Charles

https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/mac/

Charles E. James
IST - Administrative IT Solutions
Wk: <a href="tel:510-642-8440" value="+15106428440" target="_blank">510-642-8440
ASG Deputy Email: [hidden email]

We no longer live life through our own innate primary
human sensory abilities. Rather, we experience it mediated
through screens, virtual walls that sever us from our
intrinsic senses and define the world for us. Screens
interpose themselves between us and the real world,
projecting information that is purportedly equal to
reality but is at best only ever a rough approximation,
one that is easily manipulated. - Marc Goodman

Bruce Satow
Systems Administrator
  University of California at Berkeley
Space Sciences Laboratory
7 Gauss Way
Berkeley, California 94720-7450
[hidden email]
Phone: <a href="tel:%28510%29%20643-2348" value="+15106432348" target="_blank">(510) 643-2348
Cell: <a href="tel:%28510%29%20847-1914" value="+15108471914" target="_blank">(510) 847-1914