[Micronet] Micronet this Wednesday->Shel Waggener on Implementation of Operational Excellence

[Micronet] Micronet this Wednesday->Shel Waggener on Implementation of Operational Excellence

Claudia A. WATERS

Hi all,

Here is a schedule of upcoming Micronet meetings for this Fall:

This Wednesdayà August 25, 10:30-noon:  Shel Waggener--Implementation of Operational Excellence

September: no meeting

October 27, 10:30-noon:  Michael Sinatra

November 10:  to be decided

December 8: to be decided

Hope to see you all at 10:30, this Wednesday, August 25, in 150 University Hall.

Claudia

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Micronet (usually) meets the 4th Wednesday each month from 10:30-noon in 150 University Hall.

Please contact Claudia Waters with suggestions, ideas and meeting topics of interest to you.

Re: [Micronet] Micronet this Wednesday->Shel Waggener on Implementation of Operational Excellence

Shelton Waggener
Claudia,
I am looking forward to the discussion and would ask those members of the Micronet community who will be attending to be sure to read the OE report from the Diagnostic Phase (pages 72-82 in particular). I will be discussing how the OE IT team is structured and how we are approaching the design process and hopefully getting some ideas on where the campus technical community sees opportunities.   If you have questions you would like submit in advanced, please send your question anonymously to me - [hidden email]

See you Wednesday.

Regards
Shel

On Aug 23, 2010, at 3:01 PM, Claudia Waters wrote:

Hi all,
Here is a schedule of upcoming Micronet meetings for this Fall:
This Wednesdayà August 25, 10:30-noon:  Shel Waggener--Implementation of Operational Excellence
September: no meeting
October 27, 10:30-noon:  Michael Sinatra
November 10:  to be decided
December 8: to be decided

Hope to see you all at 10:30, this Wednesday, August 25, in 150 University Hall.

Claudia

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Micronet (usually) meets the 4th Wednesday each month from 10:30-noon in 150 University Hall.
Please contact Claudia Waters with suggestions, ideas and meeting topics of interest to you.

Re: [Micronet] Micronet this Wednesday->Shel Waggener on Implementation of Operational Excellence

Greg Merritt

I'm sure most folks have seen the campus-wide e-mail from John Ellis
last night.  Refreshingly -- shockingly -- frank, but pretty
discouraging.

I'm trying to be delicate here, yet equally frank:  with the ramping
up of OE on the heels of this BFS announcement, campus confidence
(well, at least among colleagues I've spoken to!) in OE has taken a
blow given that the BFS 9 implementation project leadership is now
heading the OE effort.

 From the outside, we don't know why the BFS 9 implementation process
was such a failure, even though we could see the train wreck coming
for months here in the departments.  Regardless of the actual reasons,
what I've described above summarizes how it *looks* from the outside.

How will OE get buy-in from campus in this context?

Re: [Micronet] Micronet this Wednesday->Shel Waggener on Implementation of Operational Excellence

Greg Merritt
Micronet,

Shel took a few minutes at today's meeting to talk about BFS.

He provided additional context about the BFS implementation and
leadership.  Specifically, the leadership of the project at the time
of completion had inherited responsibility of the ~3-year (pre-OE)
process near the end, and turned the project around as much as
possible in the limited time that remained before go-live.

Thanks for filling in the missing piece, Shel!

-Greg