[Micronet] Monday: Agile Brown Bag: STOP THE PAIN: Noon to 1:30: 200C Warren

[Micronet] Monday: Agile Brown Bag: STOP THE PAIN: Noon to 1:30: 200C Warren

Judy Dobry-2
Hi,

Ok, we know you have processes in your office that are a real pain.  Somehow, they seem to take way longer than they should,  involve a whole lot of unnecessary work (how many signatures does one piece of paper need?) and result in a suboptimal result (what's supposed to help students turns into a red tape nightmare that helps no one.).  You'd like to stand up and scream, 'Stop the madness!' or even better come up with a way that gets everyone on board for real change.

At our next meeting, we'll learn how to do just that.  Shelly Sweet who has years of experience doing business process change on campus will lead our workshop.  She'll teach us how to identify the specific parts of our processes that create the madness so that we can come up with actionable plans to address them.   So come to the meeting with a process you'd like to de-pain and we'll help you do it.

A word about our speaker:  Many of you know Shelly from the process improvement courses she teaches on campus and at the Berkeley Extension.  What you may not know is that she is the Founder and President of I4 Process and a highly respected Business Process Management practitioner. Her programs are based on a unique 3-PEAT method of modeling processes and analyzing data that accelerates operational improvements, and builds leaders and employees who can continually improve their processes.  She is the author of The BPI Blueprint:  A Step-By- Step Guide to Make Your Business Process Improvement Projects Simple, Structured and Successful.  Her other clients include the UC Office of the President, Santa Clara County, Cisco, Oracle, Merck, Chevron and Bank of America.

Time:  Monday, May 18 from Noon to 1:30
Place:  200C Warren Hall
Online:  Since this is a hands on workshop, we encourage you to come to the meeting to get the full benefit of the workshop format.  If you can't make it, we will make the meeting available online.  Full details will be sent out on the day of the meeting.

See you at the meeting,

Judy (on behalf of the Agile Organizing Committee)

Agile Brown Bag FAQ

Who can come to the meetings?
Anyone with an interest in Agile is welcome at the meeting.   We learn by having everyone from Agile neophytes to long time users share their knowledge and experience.

Do you have to register beforehand?
No registration is required.  Just come to the meeting.  But for this meeting I would really appreciate an email RSVP so that we can be sure to have enough room.

How can I get more information about the meetings?
Please get in touch with the meeting coordinator,  Judy Dobry ([hidden email]).

Do you have a Web site?
agile.berkeley.edu is our web site.  It has all kinds of materials for both new and experienced agile users

How do I add myself to your mailing list?
Go to http://agile.berkeley.edu.

Do you have any other Agile activities?
We have an hour long introduction to Agile that we are happy to present to any campus group that requests it.

Who organizes all this?
We have an Organizing Committee that anyone is welcome to join.  Current members include Michelle Bautista(CSS), Kim Carl (VC - Research), Jon Conhaim (TPO), Judy Dobry (Grad Div), Devin Jones (Law), Marlita Kahn (IST), Wendy Pennell (EECS),  Donna Seaward (Haas), Kendall Moalem (CSS) and Ken Sumikawa (SAIT)

--
Judy Dobry
Director, Systems