[Micronet] Mountain Lion OS X v10.8 Info

[Micronet] Mountain Lion OS X v10.8 Info

Daniel Wesonga

Berkeley Team,

As announced, OS X v10.8 and OS X Server v10.8 was released yesterday via the Mac App Store.

OS X Mountain Lion & OS X Server Mountain Lion Up To Date Program: <http://www.apple.com/osx/uptodate/>

Volume Licensing & Deployment information: <http://www.apple.com/mac/volume-licensing/>
** If you have more complex deployment requirements, please contact me

OS X v10.8 Features Overview: <http://www.apple.com/osx/whats-new/features.html>

An update to Workgroup Manager is posted at http://support.apple.com/downloads/ which will work against OS X Server v10.8 However, Server Admin utility has been discontinued as its features have been fully incorporated into the Server Application.

As the Apple KBase library is updated later today I will post the relevant links.

Danny Wesonga | Systems Engineer |  Apple Inc  | ☎ 415-547-0395 | [hidden email]

Re: [Micronet] Mountain Lion OS X v10.8 Info

Tom Holub
How long will Apple be providing security updates for OS X 10.6?

On 7/26/12 5:32 PM, Daniel Wesonga wrote:

> Berkeley Team,
>
> As announced, OS X v10.8 and OS X Server v10.8 was released yesterday
> via the Mac App Store.
>
> OS X Mountain Lion & OS X Server Mountain Lion Up To Date Program:
> <http://www.apple.com/osx/uptodate/>
>
> Volume Licensing & Deployment information:
> <http://www.apple.com/mac/volume-licensing/>
> ** If you have more complex deployment requirements, please contact me
>
> OS X v10.8 Features Overview:
> <http://www.apple.com/osx/whats-new/features.html>
>
> OS X Server v10.8 Technical Overview:
> <http://movies.apple.com/media/us/osx/2012/server/docs/OSXServer_Product_Overview.pdf>
>
> An update to Workgroup Manager is posted at
> http://support.apple.com/downloads/ which will work against OS X Server
> v10.8 However, Server Admin utility has been discontinued as its
> features have been fully incorporated into the Server Application.
>
> As the Apple KBase library is updated later today I will post the
> relevant links.
>

> Danny Wesonga | Systems Engineer | Apple Inc  | ☎ 415-547-0395 |

Tom Holub ([hidden email], 510-642-9069)
Director of Computing, College of Letters & Science
101 Durant Hall
<http://LS.berkeley.edu/lscr/>

[Micronet] bug tracking and help-desk solutions

Eric Knight
Hi folks,
we're evaluating bug tracking and help-desk solutions.
Optimally we'd like a solution that could handle both of those tasks.
Some "nice to haves":
  • Source control integration
  • Automatic ticket creation via email
  • Nifty user interface / relative ease of use...

Jira and Gemini seem to be close to what will fit our needs. Jira will take a lot of configuring, Gemini *seems* to cover all our requirements but I'm not convinced... Two separate solutions, one for bugs, one for help, is one the table, but it would be nice to have everything centralized... What do you guys use?

Eric Knight, Applications Developer
UC Berkeley - Environment Health & Safety
2199 Addison Street
Berkeley, CA 94720
510-643-9493 (voice)
510-643-7595 (fax)

Re: [Micronet] bug tracking and help-desk solutions

Jon Johnsen
Eric,

I'd suggest that you contact Clifton Homs,  [hidden email] , and ask about a solution he's the tech for.
Jon Johnsen
Information Systems Office
433 University Hall
School of Public Health, UC Berkeley
510 643-4357
On 7/27/2012 9:49 AM, Eric Knight wrote:
[...]

Anthony Roybal
Hi Eric,

If you would like more information about IS&T's FootPrints service you can send me email or give me a call. We have a pretty streamlined process for setting up a new service in FootPrints and there is no charge for the service.

Regards,
Anthony Roybal
643-6242

On Jul 27, 2012, at 9:56 AM, Jon Johnsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Ben Gross
Hi Eric,

If you want bug tracking and source control integration, you may be interested that campus already provides a Jira service.

Home - UCB Development Tools and Services - UCB Confluence
https://wikihub.berkeley.edu/display/ucbdvkt/Home

"Welcome to UCB Development Tools and Services
Confluence
Confluence is a full-featured wiki available to campus software development teams or technical solution providers and their partners to facilitate collaboration among team members.

JIRA
JIRA is a bug tracking and project management tool available to campus software development/implementation teams and their partners to help manage projects and ongoing application support.

Code@Berkeley
Code@Berkeley is a version control service available to campus software development teams which facilitates the creation and administration of centrally supported Subversion repositories."

JIRA | Tech Commons
http://techcommons.berkeley.edu/product/jira

"JIRA is a bug tracking and project management tool available to campus software development/implementation teams and their partners to help manage projects and ongoing application support. JIRA provides workflow management for teams to track defects, issues, enhancement requests, tasks, and deadlines. The ability to organize and track issues facilitates collaboration among project teams to improve code quality and the speed of development. EAS has licensed JIRA from Atlassian and offers it as part of the UCB Development Tools and Services. It is hosted in the UCB Data Center and uses CalNet to control access."

Thank you,
Ben Gross
Manager, End User Infrastructure
Information Services and Technology Division