[Micronet] Mounting Google drive as a native file system?

[Micronet] Mounting Google drive as a native file system?

David Spiegelman
I would like to mount my uc berkeley google drive account on my mac as a volume. I know expandrive can do this for a personal google drive account but it doesn’t look like is compatible with UCB’s authentication. Is there a work around for this? Can I generate an application key or something similar?

--

David Spiegelman
Faculty Desktop Support - IIT

voice: 510-457-1195
http://ced.berkeley.edu

Re: [Micronet] Mounting Google drive as a native file system?

Ian Crew
Hi David:

A couple of thoughts here:

1) If you create a Google Key (https://kb.berkeley.edu/campus-shared-services/page.php?id=27226), that might work with expandrive, but as that’s not software we support, there’s no guarantee.

2) The campus’s Box instance supports mounting your account as a connected drive (using WebDAV or FTPS) natively, no third-party app necessary, so that might be an option.  See http://kb.berkeley.edu/page.php?id=44390 for a comparison of bDrive and Box, and http://bconnected.berkeley.edu/news/box-now-supports-ftps for how to access Box via WebDAV or FTPS.

Hope that’s helpful,

Ian

On Jan 8, 2015, at 3:44 PM, David Spiegelman <[hidden email]> wrote:

I would like to mount my uc berkeley google drive account on my mac as a volume. I know expandrive can do this for a personal google drive account but it doesn’t look like is compatible with UCB’s authentication. Is there a work around for this? Can I generate an application key or something similar?

--

David Spiegelman
Faculty Desktop Support - IIT
College of Environmental Design
485 Wurster Hall, MC 1810
Berkeley, California 94720

voice: 510-457-1195
http://ced.berkeley.edu

___
Ian Crew

IST-Architecture, Platforms and Integration (API)
Earl Warren Hall, Second Floor

Re: [Micronet] Mounting Google drive as a native file system?

Richard DeShong-2
Maybe you could use the google drive sync app, which creates a folder in your file system and sync's all of your Drive, and then use a symbolic link (or similar), to create a "mount like" name for the folder.

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 5:44 PM, Ian Crew <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220
510-642-5123     asc.berkeley.edu