[Micronet] Multifunction printers

Rosita S. ALVAREZ-CROFT
Hello,

We are looking into purchasing a multipurpose printer with an ADF that can handle at least 50 sheets (duplex capability would be nice but not essential).  It should have network capability so it can be used by multiple users.

We do a lot of scanning for reimbursements so good quality is essential.

Can anyone make any recommendations?

Thank you,
Rosita
Administrative Officer for PATH
409A McLaughlin Hall, MC 1720

Re: [Micronet] Multifunction printers

Richard DeShong-2
Contact Pamela Krol  ([hidden email]). She is the contact for the on campus dept that is providing printer management for the campus. Currently, they are handling only Xerox. They probably have a multifunction printer/scanner that meets your needs.

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 1:32 PM, Rosita S. ALVAREZ-CROFT <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

We are looking into purchasing a multipurpose printer with an ADF that can handle at least 50 sheets (duplex capability would be nice but not essential).  It should have network capability so it can be used by multiple users.

We do a lot of scanning for reimbursements so good quality is essential.

Can anyone make any recommendations?

Thank you,
Rosita
Administrative Officer for PATH
409A McLaughlin Hall, MC 1720

Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220
510-642-5123     asc.berkeley.edu

Re: [Micronet] Multifunction printers

Vivian Sophia
I recommend that you get you copier through the Moffitt copy center.
They can help you choose a model and will provide complete service for
purchase and for the copier after you have it

--
Vivian Sophia
Berkeley IT analyst

> On Jun 20, 2014, at 1:35 PM, "Rosita S. ALVAREZ-CROFT" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> We are looking into purchasing a multipurpose printer with an ADF that can handle at least 50 sheets (duplex capability would be nice but not essential).  It should have network capability so it can be used by multiple users.
>
> We do a lot of scanning for reimbursements so good quality is essential.
>
> Can anyone make any recommendations?
>
> Thank you,
> Rosita
> Administrative Officer for PATH
> 409A McLaughlin Hall, MC 1720
> Berkeley, CA 94720
> (510) 642-5478

Re: [Micronet] Multifunction printers

erol
I have an HP LaserJet MFP M575c which works quite well.  It’s a color printer, but they have similar BW models as well.  It works fine for scans to email as well as directly to shared folders via SMB.

One issue I’ve found with both Xerox and Canon commercial copiers is they cannot transfer files via SMB to Mac OSX 10.7-9 while the HP is compatible.  The Xerox and Canons are capable of FTP, but they cannot do SFTP either. If you are concerned about security, you’ll need to have Windows machines for SMB transfer, or you can also use a NAS for SMB.  I believe the copiers are capable of WebDAV if you have a server you can use.  Neither Xerox nor Canon have been able to say if they will release a firmware update to fix the issues with the Apple specific implementation of SMB in Mac OSX 10.7 and later.

Erol Kepkep