[Micronet] New Mailing List?

Jon Johnsen
Does anyone know where this mailing list suddenly came from, and/or what
it's for?

Jon Johnsen
Information Systems Office
433 University Hall
School of Public Health, UC Berkeley
510 643-4357

Re: [Micronet] New Mailing List?

Donna L Lee
  I got the same a hour ago and sent a copy to Consult@berkeley but no
response yet.

Donna L Lee
Facilities Services Information Technology (FSIT)
UC, Berkeley
2000 Carleton Street, Room 240
Berkeley, CA 94720-1384
Phone:  (510) 642-6337
[hidden email]
Website:  www.facilities.berkeley.edu

Does anyone know where this mailing list suddenly came from, and/or what
it's for?

Jon Johnsen
Information Systems Office
433 University Hall
School of Public Health, UC Berkeley
510 643-4357

visit the Micronet Web site:

the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet.  This means
these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses, prospective
employers, and people who have known you in the past.

Re: [Micronet] New Mailing List?

Greg Merritt
Odds are good that somebody wants to send a mass announcement about UCB phone service, but mistakenly had the option selected to notify new subscribers when they were adding addresses to the roster of their announcement mailing list. ;)

-Greg

On Aug 29, 2012, at 12:59 PM, Jon Johnsen wrote:

> Does anyone know where this mailing list suddenly came from, and/or what
> it's for?

> Jon Johnsen
> Information Systems Office
> 433 University Hall
> School of Public Health, UC Berkeley
> 510 643-4357

Re: [Micronet] New Mailing List?

Jovie Soliman
All,

We are currently investigating this matter and have opened a service
ticket to research the administrator of the list and what it was
intended for.  Thanks!

Jovie Soliman
UC Berkeley| Information Services and Technology|Telecommunication
Manager: Voice Products and Services
2484 Shattuck Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94720-3804
Office: 510.664.4475| Mobile: 650.465.8488|Fax: 510.643.9144
Email: [hidden email]
website: http://ist.berkeley.edu/telecom

On 8/29/2012 1:05 PM, Greg Merritt wrote:

> Odds are good that somebody wants to send a mass announcement about UCB phone service, but mistakenly had the option selected to notify new subscribers when they were adding addresses to the roster of their announcement mailing list. ;)
>
> -Greg
>

> On Aug 29, 2012, at 12:59 PM, Jon Johnsen wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know where this mailing list suddenly came from, and/or what
>> it's for?
>>
>> [hidden email]
>>
>> --
>> Jon Johnsen
>> Information Systems Office
>> 433 University Hall
>> School of Public Health, UC Berkeley
>> 510 643-4357

Re: [Micronet] New Mailing List?

Jon Broshious-2
You are correct Greg. Telephone services wants to send an update to
Centrex phone system users. and they sent a notification when they
created the new mail list.
Jon Broshious

On 8/29/2012 1:05 PM, Greg Merritt wrote:

> Odds are good that somebody wants to send a mass announcement about UCB phone service, but mistakenly had the option selected to notify new subscribers when they were adding addresses to the roster of their announcement mailing list. ;)
>
> -Greg
>

> On Aug 29, 2012, at 12:59 PM, Jon Johnsen wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know where this mailing list suddenly came from, and/or what
>> it's for?
>>
>> [hidden email]
>>
>> --
>> Jon Johnsen
>> Information Systems Office
>> 433 University Hall
>> School of Public Health, UC Berkeley
>> 510 643-4357

Jon Broshious
Information Services (&) Technology
Campus Technology Services

Re: [Micronet] Fwd: Re: New Mailing List?

Gladys Oddoye
Hello,

Please disregard this email if you got a copy of it.  We had to create a new mailing list for an announcement we want to sent to only a few of our customers (Telecom customers).  We apologize for bombarding you with unnecessary email.

Thanks
Gladys

FYI: