[Micronet] Norton Utilities or alternative?

[Micronet] Norton Utilities or alternative?

Jack Burris
Howdy,
For years I've used Norton utilities to help optimize desktop machines.  Now in Windows 7, some machines I support are finally at the point of needing some tuning-up and I realize I need to either get the new version of Norton Utils, or an alternative.  So I ask you dear Micronet user/reader/guru, what do you use?

Is there a campus license for such a tool?

:)

Of course most of the time I can suss-out issues on my own, but when you just need to clean the registry, and do what Norton Utils does well, to a lot of machines, such a utility can help save a lot of time/frustrations.

What say?

Thanks,
Jack Burris  (K6JEB)
Social Science Computing Lab

--

“Those who do not move, do not notice their chains.” - Rosa Luxemburg

Re: [Micronet] Norton Utilities or alternative?

Jonathan Felder-2
ccleaner is good for cleaning out the registry.

http://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER

What other maintenance tasks do you need to do?  Also the value of
cleaning out the registry is somewhat debatable as well.

--
Jon