[Micronet] OMR/OCR scanning service search

[Micronet] OMR/OCR scanning service search

Natalie C Malam
Hi Micronet,

I'm wondering if there are any scanning services available to or known within the UC Berkeley community that could help capture historic data stored in scanned course evaluation scantron forms (PDF files) and translate it into CSV file(s)?

Any and all advice appreciated.
Thank you!
Natalie

Natalie Malam
Business Analyst
UC Berkeley Extension
1995 University Ave, Suite 110
Berkeley, CA 94704

Re: [Micronet] OMR/OCR scanning service search

Jon Forrest-3

On 3/25/2015 3:57 PM, Natalie C Malam wrote:
> Hi Micronet,
>
> I'm wondering if there are any scanning services available to or known
> within the UC Berkeley community that could help capture historic data
> stored in scanned course evaluation scantron forms (PDF files) and
> translate it into CSV file(s)?

The startup I work for can do this. If you're
interested, please contact me directly (I don't want it
to look like I'm advertising the company on this list.)

Cordially,
Jon Forrest
[hidden email]
UCB (ret.)

Re: [Micronet] OMR/OCR scanning service search

erol
Natalie,

Are you trying to acquire the bubbled in responses, or are you looking to get other information on the forms?

Are the forms actual "Scantron" or other purchased forms intended for an OMR scanner?

Were the forms scanned in color or are they black and white?

The specifics of the forms and scanning will limit what could possibly be done.

Erol Kepkep