[Micronet] Obsolete Helper Apps Web Page

[Micronet] Obsolete Helper Apps Web Page

Jon Johnsen
Might it be possible for IST to create and maintain a web page which
lists campus applications and the versions of web browsers or helper
apps which those applications require?

Examples:

BFS 9 won't work with Java 7, but requires Java 6 (If you want to be
able to print)

BFS works only with IE 8 (soon to be two versions old) or ancient,
unsupported versions of Firefox.

Travel, BAIRS, CADS, etc.

One updated page which contains all of this information, so IT people
can find it easily and quickly.

Is it possible?

--
Jon Johnsen
Information Systems Office

Re: [Micronet] Obsolete Helper Apps Web Page

Greg Merritt
What about this?

http://www.bai.berkeley.edu/support/SupportedOS_Browsers.htm

Re: [Micronet] Obsolete Helper Apps Web Page

Liz Marsh
Hi Jon--
This is a good question. Currently support for these enterprise
applications is shared over a number of different organizations, including
IST and the Application Service Center (ASC) that is part of Shared
Services. This is a question I can pose to the ASC folks and see whether
we can get something put together.

Thanks,

Liz

On Thu, August 23, 2012 1:21 pm, Jon Johnsen wrote:

> Might it be possible for IST to create and maintain a web page which
> lists campus applications and the versions of web browsers or helper
> apps which those applications require?
>
> Examples:
>
> BFS 9 won't work with Java 7, but requires Java 6 (If you want to be
> able to print)
>
> BFS works only with IE 8 (soon to be two versions old) or ancient,
> unsupported versions of Firefox.
>
> Travel, BAIRS, CADS, etc.
>
> One updated page which contains all of this information, so IT people
> can find it easily and quickly.
>
> Is it possible?
>
> --
> Jon Johnsen
> Information Systems Office
> 433 University Hall
> School of Public Health, UC Berkeley
> 510 643-4357

> visit the Micronet Web site:

> the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet.  This
> means these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses,

Liz