[Micronet] Online survey tools - campus license

[Micronet] Online survey tools - campus license

Pamela Reynolds
I'm assuming that other departments on campus have individual
subscriptions to survey tools like SurveyMonkey and Wufoo. Is there
interest in a campus license for a survey tool?

QuestionPro appears to have a lot of advanced features, and offers a
university site license. Anyone have experience with QuestionPro?

http://www.questionpro.com/pricing/university-site-license.html

Pam

Pamela Reynolds
Communications Manager
Department of Bioengineering, UC Berkeley

Re: [Micronet] [Webnet] Online survey tools - campus license

Aron Roberts
On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Pamela Reynolds <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm assuming that other departments on campus have individual
> subscriptions to survey tools like SurveyMonkey and Wufoo. Is there
> interest in a campus license for a survey tool?

  Last October, Patrick McMahon responded to a similar query with two
suggestions, below: both were said to be survey tools that work with
CAS authentication.  One, MachForms, is a PHP-based, "Wufoo-like"
forms building tool, and the second, CASES, is a highly-sophisticated
system for administering surveys.

  Sharing this as an FYI, even if your survey needs may be more lightweight.

Aron Roberts
IST-Research Technologies

P.S. Along that note: are there archives available of the Webnet mailing list?

--

Patrick McMahon <[hidden email]>
10/24/12

We've setup MachForms (http://www.appnitro.com/) as a Wufoo-like form
builder.  It's worked well for us for ongoing RSVP/Survey/Registration
forms we need to setup...and non-technical staff have been able to
setup and manage the forms.  Self installed, and self-CAS-ified.

We primarily use it to collect info that is in the Public directory,
but we can limit access to known Cal affiliates.

CASES is a sophisticated campus-based option:
http://cases.berkeley.edu/software.html...and I think your better able
to collect sensitive responses with it (examples:
https://webqa.berkeley.edu/).

bSpace also has a Survey tool.

- Patrick

--

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Pamela Reynolds <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm assuming that other departments on campus have individual
> interest in a campus license for a survey tool?
>
> QuestionPro appears to have a lot of advanced features, and offers a
> university site license. Anyone have experience with QuestionPro?
>
> http://www.questionpro.com/pricing/university-site-license.html
>
> Pam

> Pamela Reynolds
> Communications Manager
> Department of Bioengineering, UC Berkeley

> -
> Webnet information is available at http://webnet.berkeley.edu.

Re: [Micronet] [Webnet] Online survey tools - campus license

Lucy Greco
Hello: I do believe we have a campus license for survey gizmo.  The thing
to note about survey gizmo is that it has been vetted by the web access
group for accessibility.  I do know that Wufoo has problems with
accessibility but I've not heard of the other products so I would stick to
survey gizmo if you could please

Lucia Greco
Web Access Analyst
IST-Campus Technology Services
University of California, Berkeley
(510) 289-6008 skype: lucia1-greco
http://webaccess.berkeley.edu
Follow me on twitter @accessaces

wrote:

> I'm assuming that other departments on campus have individual
> interest in a campus license for a survey tool?
>
> QuestionPro appears to have a lot of advanced features, and offers a
> university site license. Anyone have experience with QuestionPro?
>
> http://www.questionpro.com/pricing/university-site-license.html
>
> Pam

> Pamela Reynolds
> Communications Manager
> Department of Bioengineering, UC Berkeley [hidden email]

> The following was automatically added to this message by the list
server:
> -
> Webnet information is available at http://webnet.berkeley.edu.

-
Webnet information is available at http://webnet.berkeley.edu.

Re: [Micronet] [Webnet] Online survey tools - campus license

Patrick McGrath
Not sure if you've seen much of it, but our bConnnected suite offers some interesting options using for forms and surveys too.      Free is good ….

Survey Tool Using Google Forms video   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-lNffCvY3A

Patrick

On Mar 6, 2013, at 12:54 PM, Aron Roberts <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Kathleen Valerio
As it turns out Google Forms may be a viable option for basic survey needs, not sure about the more complex or in depth stuff. The tool makes it easy to build and distribute forms and collect data. Google forms has some built-in analytics, and of course you can export data to Excel or Access as needed.  We (Productivity Suite Trainers) just hosted a Basic Forms workshop March 6th. We are planning to offer more workshops in April, May and beyond - but we haven't worked out dates and locations etc so I can't be more specific at this time.

I will of course post the schedule to MicroNet and other lists I belong to once we have a schedule in place.

Cheers.

Kathleen Valerio
CalPact Coordinator &
Data Compliance Manager
Center for Organization & Workforce Effectiveness (COrWE)
192 University Hall
2199 Addison St.
Berkeley, CA 94720-3548

Ph 510 643-0452
[hidden email]

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Pamela Reynolds <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm assuming that other departments on campus have individual
subscriptions to survey tools like SurveyMonkey and Wufoo. Is there
interest in a campus license for a survey tool?

QuestionPro appears to have a lot of advanced features, and offers a
university site license. Anyone have experience with QuestionPro?

http://www.questionpro.com/pricing/university-site-license.html

Pam

Pamela Reynolds
Communications Manager
Department of Bioengineering, UC Berkeley

-
Webnet information is available at http://webnet.berkeley.edu.

Re: [Micronet] [Webnet] Online survey tools - campus license

Pamela Reynolds
An update for everyone on the campus survey license: I've sent emails through channels inquiring about using the Survey Gizmo enterprise license and received no response.

So it seems that project is dead or unobtainable.

My department can't afford SurveyGizmo for the small amount we would use it. I've tried Wufoo, Google Forms and SurveyMonkey and all have some excellent features. I'm going to give QuestionPro a two month trial to see if it has everything we like.

Pam

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 8:14 AM, Aron Roberts <[hidden email]> wrote:
What Kendall is referring to, per the page below:

"Survey Gizmo

The OCIO maintains an Enterprise license for Survey Gizmo, an online
survey tool, which allows for a greater number of invitations and
in using the Enterprise license, please contact [hidden email].
Otherwise, you can access the free version of Survey Gizmo at
http://www.surveygizmo.com/."

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 1:51 PM, Kendall Moalem
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> We do have one. Info is on the page below. I wonder if there's any charge or
> restriction on department use?
>
> http://technology.berkeley.edu/cio/cio-io/communications.html
>
> Kendall Moalem
> Business Services Analyst
> Engineering Research Support Organization (ERSO)
> College of Engineering
> University of California, Berkeley
> 185M Cory Hall
> 510-643-8424 direct
> 510-643-8426 fax
> http://www.erso.berkeley.edu
>

> On 3/6/2013 1:43 PM, Lucy Greco wrote:
>
> Hello: I do believe we have a campus license for survey gizmo.  The thing
> to note about survey gizmo is that it has been vetted by the web access
> group for accessibility.  I do know that Wufoo has problems with
> accessibility but I've not heard of the other products so I would stick to
> survey gizmo if you could please
>
> Lucia Greco
> Web Access Analyst
> IST-Campus Technology Services
> University of California, Berkeley
> (510) 289-6008 skype: lucia1-greco
> http://webaccess.berkeley.edu
> Follow me on twitter @accessaces

Kalonica McQuesten
UCPD Berkeley (BerkeleyPolice) uses Survey Gizmo for small surveys each month (90-110 subjects per month, one consistent survey, a few random ones every once in awhile).

We have a basic subscription. 1 year of Personal Level service costs $205.20

By the way, if you're hunting around for billing, Survey Gizmo does business as Widgix, LLC. 48888 Pearl East Circle, Suite 300, Boulder CO 80301

It would be great if we could find or re-ignite some sort of campuswide subscription.

I have found their customer service and documentation and accessibility to be top notch since we started with them in 2009, and we make do with their excel data exports and simple web graph and web page reporting, but I am sure it would be terrific to get the added benefit of analysis and reporting enabled by an institutional subscription.

Kalonica McQuesten

University of California, Berkeley
UC Police Department
Visual Communications Manager
1 Sproul Hall   # 1199
Berkeley, CA   94720-1199

510 / 643-6442

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> We do have one. Info is on the page below. I wonder if there's any charge or
> restriction on department use?
>
> http://technology.berkeley.edu/cio/cio-io/communications.html
>
> Kendall Moalem
> Business Services Analyst
> Engineering Research Support Organization (ERSO)
> College of Engineering
> University of California, Berkeley
> 185M Cory Hall
> 510-643-8424 direct
> 510-643-8426 fax
> http://www.erso.berkeley.edu
>

> On 3/6/2013 1:43 PM, Lucy Greco wrote:
>
> Hello: I do believe we have a campus license for survey gizmo.  The thing
> to note about survey gizmo is that it has been vetted by the web access
> group for accessibility.  I do know that Wufoo has problems with
> accessibility but I've not heard of the other products so I would stick to
> survey gizmo if you could please
>
> Lucia Greco
> Web Access Analyst
> IST-Campus Technology Services
> University of California, Berkeley
> (510) 289-6008 skype: lucia1-greco
> http://webaccess.berkeley.edu
> Follow me on twitter @accessaces

Liz Marsh
All--
I've communicated about this off line with Pamela. We do still have an enterprise site license for Survey Gizmo, that gives us 30 seats. 22 of those seats are currently in use by people across the campus. Because we have a limited number of seats I have generally limited the seats to one per unit, but can discuss exceptions to that as needed.

Liz

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> We do have one. Info is on the page below. I wonder if there's any charge or
> restriction on department use?
>
> http://technology.berkeley.edu/cio/cio-io/communications.html
>
> Kendall Moalem
> Business Services Analyst
> Engineering Research Support Organization (ERSO)
> College of Engineering
> University of California, Berkeley
> 185M Cory Hall
> 510-643-8424 direct
> 510-643-8426 fax
> http://www.erso.berkeley.edu
>

> On 3/6/2013 1:43 PM, Lucy Greco wrote:
>
> Hello: I do believe we have a campus license for survey gizmo.  The thing
> to note about survey gizmo is that it has been vetted by the web access
> group for accessibility.  I do know that Wufoo has problems with
> accessibility but I've not heard of the other products so I would stick to
> survey gizmo if you could please
>
> Lucia Greco
> Web Access Analyst
> IST-Campus Technology Services
> University of California, Berkeley
> (510) 289-6008 skype: lucia1-greco
> http://webaccess.berkeley.edu
> Follow me on twitter @accessaces

Liz Marsh
Director of Strategic Initiatives and Chief of Staff
Office of the CIO