[Micronet] Options for Research site, at low or no cost

12

[Micronet] Options for Research site, at low or no cost

Richard DeShong-2
Our Director has been getting requests for other universities for documentation about his research and how he is running his program.  He figured he could use a public facing website to share video's, documents, and describe a bunch of stuff.

Obviously, this seems to fit into the purpose for Research Hub.  Since it will be retired, what are his options?

btw: CalShare, according to the IST service page, is $53 month.  This is not very attractive.

--
Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220

Re: [Micronet] Options for Research site, at low or no cost

Graham Patterson

Presumably this is 'public' to the extent that it does not need access
restrictions? If so, then the most basic option would be a folder in
Google or Box, and share that as public. If/when we get Google Sites, a
prettier front end could be provided. Capacity could be a problem with
lots of video.

Otherwise you are heading into web territory, which means some
significant commitment of time/skill/money. Unless you can convince
someone else to host it on their CMS 8-)

Graham

On 8/29/14 12:59 PM, Richard DESHONG wrote:

> Our Director has been getting requests for other universities for
> documentation about his research and how he is running his program.  He
> figured he could use a public facing website to share video's,
> documents, and describe a bunch of stuff.
>
> Obviously, this seems to fit into the purpose for Research Hub.  Since
> it will be retired, what are his options?
>
> btw: CalShare, according to the IST service page, is $53 month.  This is
> not very attractive.
>
> --
> Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
> 164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220
> 510-642-5123     asc.berkeley.edu <http://asc.berkeley.edu>

Re: [Micronet] Options for Research site, at low or no cost

Jeff Anderson-Lee

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 12:59 PM, Richard DESHONG <[hidden email]> wrote:
btw: CalShare, according to the IST service page, is $53 month.  This is not very attractive.

Don't forget the cost of someone's time. Depending on hourly rates, that $53/month could be 0.5 to 5 hours/month of someone's time to (learn how to build and) manage a web site. Once could easily chalk up a years worth of hours just setting up a site. If it serves the purpose, is easy to organize, and saves you time, it could be a bargain. Or.. perhaps something elsewhere has a faster ramp up.

Jeff

Re: [Micronet] Options for Research site, at low or no cost

Richard DeShong-2
Graham,
Yes, the idea of sharing a folder was put on the table and it got a fairly sour response.  They are hoping for something that interacts more with the visitor - explains what they are doing and where to go (in site or off site) to get more info.  So they want it to be more than just the sum of the parts that they have.

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 1:07 PM, Graham Patterson <[hidden email]> wrote:

Presumably this is 'public' to the extent that it does not need access
restrictions? If so, then the most basic option would be a folder in
Google or Box, and share that as public. If/when we get Google Sites, a
prettier front end could be provided. Capacity could be a problem with
lots of video.

Otherwise you are heading into web territory, which means some
significant commitment of time/skill/money. Unless you can convince
someone else to host it on their CMS 8-)

Graham

On 8/29/14 12:59 PM, Richard DESHONG wrote:
> Our Director has been getting requests for other universities for
> documentation about his research and how he is running his program.  He
> figured he could use a public facing website to share video's,
> documents, and describe a bunch of stuff.
>
> Obviously, this seems to fit into the purpose for Research Hub.  Since
> it will be retired, what are his options?
>
> btw: CalShare, according to the IST service page, is $53 month.  This is
> not very attractive.
>
> --
> Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
> 164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220
> 510-642-5123     asc.berkeley.edu <http://asc.berkeley.edu>

> Messages you send to this mailing list are public and world-viewable, and the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet.  This means these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses, prospective employers, and people who have known you in the past.

Lawrence Hall of Science, UC Berkeley   510-643-2222

Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220
510-642-5123     asc.berkeley.edu

Re: [Micronet] Options for Research site, at low or no cost

Graham Patterson

My feeling is it depends on who is going to manage the content. If there
is someone with the requisite skills to use a CMS like Drupal, then one
way would be to piggy back on a site that already runs multi-sites. But
the site admins would have to put up a structure, and possibly setup a
vhost.

Running your own web site (HTML/CMS/Wordpress) is a significant amount
of work.

My initial response to the Research Hub going away was to move the
content to a personal Google Site for safe keeping. Sort of a Wiki, with
data import from Google docs, images, and rapid content editing. Sites
are supposed to be coming, from something Bill Allison said at the IT
Summit, but that does not help the immediate problem. If you are
curious, I can send you a link. I don't have it publicly searchable.

CalShare, or one of the comparable services like Basecamp (fees again),
is probably the best bet. It has its quirks, but at least it is a
serious tool.

Graham

On 8/29/14 2:17 PM, Richard DESHONG wrote:

> [...]
>     Graham Patterson, Systems Administrator
>     Lawrence Hall of Science, UC Berkeley   510-643-2222
>     "...past the iguana, the tyrannosaurus, the mastodon, the mathematical
>     puzzles, and the meteorite..." - directions to my office.

>     meetings, please visit the Micronet Web site:
>
>     http://micronet.berkeley.edu
>
>     Messages you send to this mailing list are public and
>     world-viewable, and the list's archives can be browsed and searched
>     on the Internet.  This means these messages can be viewed by (among
>     others) your bosses, prospective employers, and people who have
>     known you in the past.
>

> --
> Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
> 164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220
> 510-642-5123     asc.berkeley.edu <http://asc.berkeley.edu>

Re: [Micronet] Options for Research site, at low or no cost

In looking at the [Sites] on CalShare, there seems to be a large number of what looks like "administrative" type sites.  Is there anyone using CalShare in the way that Research Hub was being used?  Say, to share research documents and stories?

If anyone has a project type site that they are willing to share, please contact me offlist.  I would like to have the professor look at the site to see if it will fit their needs.

[...]

Thanks for your thoughts, Graham.  I'm hoping to find a CalShare site that might show the professor how it might work.

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 2:33 PM, Graham Patterson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

>     meetings, please visit the Micronet Web site:
>
>     http://micronet.berkeley.edu
>
>     Messages you send to this mailing list are public and
>     world-viewable, and the list's archives can be browsed and searched
>     on the Internet.  This means these messages can be viewed by (among
>     others) your bosses, prospective employers, and people who have
>     known you in the past.
>

> --
> Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
> 164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220
> 510-642-5123     asc.berkeley.edu <http://asc.berkeley.edu>

Lawrence Hall of Science, UC Berkeley   510-643-2222

Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220
510-642-5123     asc.berkeley.edu

Re: [Micronet] Options for Research site, at low or no cost

Sara Leavitt
How about creating a faculty expertise profile on the vcresearch website, then link from there.

For example:
http://vcresearch.berkeley.edu/faculty/mina-aganagic

-Sara

On 8/29/14 2:17 PM, Richard DESHONG wrote:
Graham,
Yes, the idea of sharing a folder was put on the table and it got a fairly sour response.  They are hoping for something that interacts more with the visitor - explains what they are doing and where to go (in site or off site) to get more info.  So they want it to be more than just the sum of the parts that they have.

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 1:07 PM, Graham Patterson <[hidden email]> wrote:

Presumably this is 'public' to the extent that it does not need access
restrictions? If so, then the most basic option would be a folder in
Google or Box, and share that as public. If/when we get Google Sites, a
prettier front end could be provided. Capacity could be a problem with
lots of video.

Otherwise you are heading into web territory, which means some
significant commitment of time/skill/money. Unless you can convince
someone else to host it on their CMS 8-)

Graham

On 8/29/14 12:59 PM, Richard DESHONG wrote:
> Our Director has been getting requests for other universities for
> documentation about his research and how he is running his program.  He
> figured he could use a public facing website to share video's,
> documents, and describe a bunch of stuff.
>
> Obviously, this seems to fit into the purpose for Research Hub.  Since
> it will be retired, what are his options?
>
> btw: CalShare, according to the IST service page, is $53 month.  This is
> not very attractive.
>
> --
> Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
> 164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220
> 510-642-5123     asc.berkeley.edu <http://asc.berkeley.edu>

> Messages you send to this mailing list are public and world-viewable, and the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet.  This means these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses, prospective employers, and people who have known you in the past.

Lawrence Hall of Science, UC Berkeley   510-643-2222

Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220
510-642-5123     asc.berkeley.edu

Sara Leavitt, Web Architect
UC Berkeley Office of Public Affairs
2200 Bancroft Way, Berkeley, CA 94720-4204
Phone: 510 643-6163
http://www.berkeley.edu

Re: [Micronet] Options for Research site, at low or no cost

Richard DeShong-2
Sara,
It sounds like you are suggesting to create a single front-end page that then has links to other contect, such as a shared Box folder.  We'll consider.  If you were suggesting something else, please let me know.

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 2:39 PM, Sara Leavitt <[hidden email]> wrote:
How about creating a faculty expertise profile on the vcresearch website, then link from there.

For example:
http://vcresearch.berkeley.edu/faculty/mina-aganagic

-Sara

On 8/29/14 2:17 PM, Richard DESHONG wrote:
Graham,
Yes, the idea of sharing a folder was put on the table and it got a fairly sour response.  They are hoping for something that interacts more with the visitor - explains what they are doing and where to go (in site or off site) to get more info.  So they want it to be more than just the sum of the parts that they have.

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 1:07 PM, Graham Patterson <[hidden email]> wrote:

Presumably this is 'public' to the extent that it does not need access
restrictions? If so, then the most basic option would be a folder in
Google or Box, and share that as public. If/when we get Google Sites, a
prettier front end could be provided. Capacity could be a problem with
lots of video.

Otherwise you are heading into web territory, which means some
significant commitment of time/skill/money. Unless you can convince
someone else to host it on their CMS 8-)

Graham

On 8/29/14 12:59 PM, Richard DESHONG wrote:
> Our Director has been getting requests for other universities for
> documentation about his research and how he is running his program.  He
> figured he could use a public facing website to share video's,
> documents, and describe a bunch of stuff.
>
> Obviously, this seems to fit into the purpose for Research Hub.  Since
> it will be retired, what are his options?
>
> btw: CalShare, according to the IST service page, is $53 month.  This is
> not very attractive.
>
> --
> Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
> 164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220
> 510-642-5123     asc.berkeley.edu <http://asc.berkeley.edu>

> Messages you send to this mailing list are public and world-viewable, and the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet.  This means these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses, prospective employers, and people who have known you in the past.

Lawrence Hall of Science, UC Berkeley   510-643-2222

Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220
510-642-5123     asc.berkeley.edu

Sara Leavitt, Web Architect
UC Berkeley Office of Public Affairs
2200 Bancroft Way, Berkeley, CA 94720-4204
Phone: 510 643-6163
http://www.berkeley.edu

Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220
510-642-5123     asc.berkeley.edu

Re: [Micronet] Options for Research site, at low or no cost

Richard DeShong-2
Pantheon's "Personal" site is normally $25.  So the pricing listed on that page include the 20% discount.

It includes 1GB of storage, so compares on the technical point with the basic CalShare offering.

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 2:44 PM, Aron Roberts <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 2:39 PM, Aron Roberts <[hidden email]> wrote:
Regarding this option, UC Berkeley has partnered with Pantheon, a Drupal hosting provider, to host .berkeley.edu websites. Development sites are free; public sites are available on a monthly fee basis, starting at $20 for the lowest-cost plan:

https://content.berkeley.edu/hosting/drupal/pantheon

  I'm not sure how to interpret the 'discounts' listed on this page; it's possible the lowest cost plan might either be as little as $16 a month ... if the 20% discount listed there hasn't already been reflected in the $20 monthly price.

Aron Roberts
Research IT

> [...]

>     meetings, please visit the Micronet Web site:
>
>     http://micronet.berkeley.edu
>
>     Messages you send to this mailing list are public and
>     world-viewable, and the list's archives can be browsed and searched
>     on the Internet.  This means these messages can be viewed by (among
>     others) your bosses, prospective employers, and people who have
>     known you in the past.
>

> --
> Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
> 164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220

Lawrence Hall of Science, UC Berkeley   <a href="tel:510-643-2222" value="+15106432222" target="_blank">510-643-2222

Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220
510-642-5123     asc.berkeley.edu

Re: [Micronet] Options for Research site, at low or no cost

Steve Chan

   If the "owner" of this proposed site is Cal Staff/Faculty then this might be a reasonable option:

   Its an IS&T managed Drupal site hosted by Pantheon.

   Steve

Steve Chan

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 3:01 PM, Richard DESHONG <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>     meetings, please visit the Micronet Web site:
>
>     http://micronet.berkeley.edu
>
>     Messages you send to this mailing list are public and
>     world-viewable, and the list's archives can be browsed and searched
>     on the Internet.  This means these messages can be viewed by (among
>     others) your bosses, prospective employers, and people who have
>     known you in the past.
>

> --
> Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
> 164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220

Lawrence Hall of Science, UC Berkeley   <a href="tel:510-643-2222" value="+15106432222" target="_blank">510-643-2222

Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220
510-642-5123     asc.berkeley.edu

Re: [Micronet] Options for Research site, at low or no cost

Michael LEEFERS

Richard,

Michael here from  the CalShare Team.  Due to the way sites are allocated and managed, I do not know how each site manages or organizes it’s content, so I cannot connect your with someone.   However,  I would be more than happy to sit down and talk to you about your needs and how they might fit with CalShare.

If you are interested shoot me an email.

Michael

> [...]

>     meetings, please visit the Micronet Web site:
>
>     http://micronet.berkeley.edu
>
>     Messages you send to this mailing list are public and
>     world-viewable, and the list's archives can be browsed and searched
>     on the Internet.  This means these messages can be viewed by (among
>     others) your bosses, prospective employers, and people who have
>     known you in the past.
>

> --
> Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
> 164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220
> 510-642-5123     asc.berkeley.edu <http://asc.berkeley.edu>

Lawrence Hall of Science, UC Berkeley   510-643-2222

Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220
510-642-5123     asc.berkeley.edu

Re: [Micronet] Options for Research site, at low or no cost

kimbercarl
Creating a DIY site with Open Berkeley requires someone who knows Drupal, theming, and working in the Pantheon environment.  If the site doesn't have many complex features needs, you might try a WordPress site on Pantheon.  There may be some nice templates that meet your needs.  You can create a development site on Pantheon for free to experiment.  You won't be charged until you take the site live.

Regarding Sara's suggestion for a Research Unit page on VCResearch.berkeley.edu, we'd like to have one if one doesn't already exist.  It could be a single page for you immediate needs, but most likely you'll want multiple pages to adequately represent your unit's activities.

Kim Carl
VCRO Web Team

---
Kimberly Carl, M.L.I.S.
Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research
119 California Hall
Berkeley, CA  94720
(510) 643-1017

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 3:11 PM, Steve Chan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

>     meetings, please visit the Micronet Web site:
>
>     http://micronet.berkeley.edu
>
>     Messages you send to this mailing list are public and
>     world-viewable, and the list's archives can be browsed and searched
>     on the Internet.  This means these messages can be viewed by (among
>     others) your bosses, prospective employers, and people who have
>     known you in the past.
>

> --
> Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
> 164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220

Lawrence Hall of Science, UC Berkeley   <a href="tel:510-643-2222" value="+15106432222" target="_blank">510-643-2222

Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220
510-642-5123     asc.berkeley.edu

Re: [Micronet] Options for Research site, at low or no cost

Dav Clark
I also recommend Wix and Weebly to graduate students all the time. These sites are not hosted on campus, but they are relatively cheap and much easier to manage than wordpress (and certainly Drupal). Weebly has an educational package that you may qualify for:

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 3:17 PM, Kimberly R. CARL <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>     puzzles, and the meteorite..." - directions to my office.

>     meetings, please visit the Micronet Web site:
>
>     http://micronet.berkeley.edu
>
>     Messages you send to this mailing list are public and
>     world-viewable, and the list's archives can be browsed and searched
>     on the Internet.  This means these messages can be viewed by (among
>     others) your bosses, prospective employers, and people who have
>     known you in the past.
>

> --
> Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
> 164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220

Lawrence Hall of Science, UC Berkeley   <a href="tel:510-643-2222" value="+15106432222" target="_blank">510-643-2222

Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220

Data Scientist
UC Berkeley D-Lab

Re: [Micronet] Options for Research site, at low or no cost

Richard DeShong-2
Thanks, Dav, but I can't recommend a commercial site.

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 3:39 PM, Dav Clark <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>     others) your bosses, prospective employers, and people who have
>     known you in the past.
>

> --
> Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
> 164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220

Lawrence Hall of Science, UC Berkeley   <a href="tel:510-643-2222" value="+15106432222" target="_blank">510-643-2222

Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220
510-642-5123     asc.berkeley.edu

Dav Clark
Data Scientist
UC Berkeley D-Lab

Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220
510-642-5123     asc.berkeley.edu

Re: [Micronet] Options for Research site, at low or no cost

Thanks, Steve.  We'll look at a website.  Drupal would be "too much".  WordPress might work for the staff involved.

> [...]

>     on the Internet.  This means these messages can be viewed by (among
>     others) your bosses, prospective employers, and people who have
>     known you in the past.
>

> --
> Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
> 164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220

Lawrence Hall of Science, UC Berkeley   <a href="tel:510-643-2222" value="+15106432222" target="_blank">510-643-2222

Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220
510-642-5123     asc.berkeley.edu

Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220
510-642-5123     asc.berkeley.edu

Re: [Micronet] Options for Research site, at low or no cost

Michael,
I'm going to get more detailed needs from the users, and then I'll contact you.  Thanks much for the offer.

A simply question for public edification:  Does the CalShare site have a mechanism for allowed external (non-calnet) people to collaborate?

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 3:14 PM, Michael J LEEFERS <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

>     on the Internet.  This means these messages can be viewed by (among
>     others) your bosses, prospective employers, and people who have
>     known you in the past.
>

> --
> Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
> 164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220
> 510-642-5123     asc.berkeley.edu <http://asc.berkeley.edu>

Lawrence Hall of Science, UC Berkeley   510-643-2222

Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220
510-642-5123     asc.berkeley.edu

--
Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220
510-642-5123     asc.berkeley.edu

Re: [Micronet] Options for Research site, at low or no cost

Kim,
I'll pass along your note about wanting a page describing the research.

> [...]

>     on the Internet.  This means these messages can be viewed by (among
>     others) your bosses, prospective employers, and people who have
>     known you in the past.
>

> --
> Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
> 164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220

Lawrence Hall of Science, UC Berkeley   <a href="tel:510-643-2222" value="+15106432222" target="_blank">510-643-2222

Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220
510-642-5123     asc.berkeley.edu

Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220
510-642-5123     asc.berkeley.edu

Re: [Micronet] Options for Research site, at low or no cost

Rick Jaffe
Richard,

A simply question for public edification:  Does the CalShare site have a mechanism for allowed external (non-calnet) people to collaborate?

CalShare, like Research Hub, takes advantage of the CalNet Guest Accounts service. You would need to sponsor external people.

I've been following this thread today, while head-down in other work. We are wrestling with this issue as we begin to work with Research Hub users to find other options. We've come to describe it as the need for a "dashboard or landing page." It is a big need across campus. Research Hub was not able to present a page to the public, as your faculty member needs. Still, for people making information available to students, or to research teams, or to committee members (i.e., people who do have CalNet IDs), losing the site dashboard feature is a big deal.

The responses you've received through Micronet do a good job of depicting the current options, and their pros and cons. One further option we've heard: using a bCourses site as the landing page, and pointing to documents stored on Box or bDrive. (bCourse project sites will be made available soon, according to ETS.) The problem here: once the visitor has clicked through to a folder on Box or bDrive, they've lost the "context" of the bCourses site page.

We're going to keep looking for options that are suitable. Let's keep in touch.

Rick Jaffe
Research Hub Support
[hidden email]