[Micronet] Outlook POP/IMAP questions

Claudia A. WATERS

Dear Micronetters,

Thanks for responding to my Thunderbird query.  I’d like to ask the same questions about Outlook, if I may.

1.  Do you use imap or pop

2.  Do you store mail files on a server/fileshare or local c drive

3.  Do you compact regularly or automatically.

4.  Have you dealt with corrupt inboxes or draft folders

Why did you choose Outlook (over Thunderbird or another program)?

Why did you choose Thunderbird (over Outlook or another program)?

I will summarize the responses to these questions and the previous emails on Thunderbird.

Thanks very much for all the replies.

Claudia

Re: [Micronet] Outlook POP/IMAP questions

Jon Forrest
On 6/15/2010 9:18 AM, Claudia Waters wrote:
> Dear Micronetters,
>
> Thanks for responding to my Thunderbird query. I’d like to ask the same
> questions about Outlook, if I may.

I would strongly suggest when asking people about
Outlook that you also ask them if they're
using it with or without Microsoft Exchange.
The experience of using Outlook is different
depending on this.

Jon

Re: [Micronet] Outlook POP/IMAP questions

Jonathan Felder
Stay away...remember those responses about corrupt inboxes and
thunderbird...yeah.

Outlook, if used long enough, will play pacman with your mail and eat it.