[Micronet] Parallels & SHI

Edgar Ortega
I just recently tried placing an order via the SHI website for Parallels but
wasn't able to find it.
After calling SHI - they said that the product was recently removed but
couldn't give a reason or any indication if the product would be added
again.

SHI was still able to fill my request over the phone, but out of curiosity,
does anyone out there have any more info on this change and what this means
for future purchases?

Thanks,
Edgar

Re: [Micronet] Parallels & SHI

Greg Merritt
I too could not find it recently, so I got an e-mail quote from SHI and punched it through.

I wasn't paying attention....SHI charged $80.42 license.  It's $79.99 directly from Parallels.  So much for a discount on that product!

-Greg

On Aug 23, 2011, at 10:55 AM, Edgar Ortega wrote:

> I just recently tried placing an order via the SHI website for Parallels but
> wasn't able to find it.
> After calling SHI - they said that the product was recently removed but
> couldn't give a reason or any indication if the product would be added
> again.
>
> SHI was still able to fill my request over the phone, but out of curiosity,
> does anyone out there have any more info on this change and what this means
> for future purchases?
>
> Thanks,
> Edgar

Re: [Micronet] Parallels & SHI

0554trd2
The Cal Student Store offers the educational discount on Parallels
Desktop for $39.99/license. I am trying to find out if we can get
anything better, but it sounds like as is it is a better deal. We
normally stock this, however we are currently out with all of the
traffic we've had in the store this weekend.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and I'll post an update if
I am able to work out a better deal.

Ashley

Ashley McCullough
Department Manager Computers
Cal Student Store #554
p. 510.642.9000 x656
f. 510.643.7836
www.calstudentstore.com

I too could not find it recently, so I got an e-mail quote from SHI and
punched it through.

I wasn't paying attention....SHI charged $80.42 license.  It's $79.99
directly from Parallels.  So much for a discount on that product!

-Greg

On Aug 23, 2011, at 10:55 AM, Edgar Ortega wrote:

> I just recently tried placing an order via the SHI website for
Parallels but
> wasn't able to find it.
> After calling SHI - they said that the product was recently removed
but
> couldn't give a reason or any indication if the product would be added
> again.
>
> SHI was still able to fill my request over the phone, but out of
curiosity,
> does anyone out there have any more info on this change and what this
means
> for future purchases?
>
> Thanks,
> Edgar

meetings, please visit the Micronet Web site:

http://micronet.berkeley.edu

Messages you send to this mailing list are public and world-viewable,
and the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet.
This means these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses,
prospective employers, and people who have known you in the past.

Re: [Micronet] Parallels & SHI

Edgar Ortega
That's a much better deal than what SHI quoted:

Parallels Desktop for Mac - ( v. 6 ) - license = $80.42
Media = $68.03
TOTAL = $148.45

-Edgar

I too could not find it recently, so I got an e-mail quote from SHI and
punched it through.

I wasn't paying attention....SHI charged $80.42 license.  It's $79.99
directly from Parallels.  So much for a discount on that product!

-Greg

On Aug 23, 2011, at 10:55 AM, Edgar Ortega wrote:

> I just recently tried placing an order via the SHI website for
Parallels but
> wasn't able to find it.
> After calling SHI - they said that the product was recently removed
but
> couldn't give a reason or any indication if the product would be added
> again.
>
> SHI was still able to fill my request over the phone, but out of
curiosity,
> does anyone out there have any more info on this change and what this
means
> for future purchases?
>
> Thanks,
> Edgar

meetings, please visit the Micronet Web site:

http://micronet.berkeley.edu

Messages you send to this mailing list are public and world-viewable,
and the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet.
This means these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses,
prospective employers, and people who have known you in the past.

visit the Micronet Web site: