[Micronet] Parallels problem

jsparks
Hi,
A user is running Parallels on Lion OS.   Calagenda was running fine
until yesterday, when
she got an error something like (paraphrase)  "failed to connect to
internet".
Now, Parallels will not open several apps, i.e. firefox, calagenda.
We've tried restarting and rebooting...
Any ideas please?

Jay

Re: [Micronet] Parallels problem

Ian Crew
Hi Jay:

A shot in the dark:

This sounds like it might be more a Windows problem more than a Parallels problem.  To check if that is indeed the case, you might try putting a known-good Parallels VM on her machine to see if that works, or try copying her VM to a Parallels install on another machine.

If it is a Windows problem, I'm afraid I don't have much to contribute.  I'm sure others will, though.

Hope this is (vaguely) helpful,

Ian

On Jan 11, 2012, at 1:05 PM, Jay Sparks wrote:

> Hi,
> A user is running Parallels on Lion OS.   Calagenda was running fine
> until yesterday, when
> she got an error something like (paraphrase)  "failed to connect to
> internet".
> Now, Parallels will not open several apps, i.e. firefox, calagenda.
> We've tried restarting and rebooting...
> Any ideas please?
>
> Jay

Information Services and Technology-Research and Content Technologies
University of California, Berkeley
2195 Hearst Ave, Second Floor
http://hub.berkeley.edu

[Micronet] Fixed Re: Parallels problem

jsparks
Running in coherence mode, Win 7 hung, apparently.
Killing and restarting seems to fix, for today at least.
Many thanks for your suggestions...jay