[Micronet] Printing a PDF at 11x17 in Mac OS 10.7.5

[Micronet] Printing a PDF at 11x17 in Mac OS 10.7.5

John McChesney-Young
I set up a professor's MacBook Pro (OS 10.7.5) to print to our Xerox
WorkCentre 5755 via IP printing. After a successful test, she wanted
to try printing a PDF map file onto 11x17 paper. I opened the file in
Preview and tried to set the paper size to 11x17, but that wasn't a
pre-set option and "Custom Size Settings" was grayed out.

I opened the file in Acrobat Pro and it did let me set 11x17
("Tabloid") as a paper size, but it printed only a fraction of the
enlarged image onto a standard letter-sized piece of paper.

I tried Photoshop and it provided the same options as Preview.

I found a work-around of printing it with Document Viewer on my Linux
machine, which both let me set 11x17 and actually printed it on that
size of paper, but do any of you have a suggestion for how she can do
it directly from her Mac?

Thanks!

John

--
John McChesney-Young, Administrative Assistant
History of Art Department, 416 Doe MC6020

Re: [Micronet] Printing a PDF at 11x17 in Mac OS 10.7.5

Ian Crew
You probably need to download the Drivers/PPDs for the Xerox printer.

Once you do that, make sure that the printer is set up as a Xerox WorkCentre 5755--and not just a generic printer--in the "Print & Scan" pane within System Preferences, and that the Options for the printer are set to indicate that it has 11x17 paper in one of its trays.

Once all that's done, you should see an option for 11x17 printing when you have that printer selected in the print dialog box.

Or at least that's how it all works for me to be able to print to our Canon copier here in my office!

Hope that helps,

Ian

On Jul 16, 2013, at 2:19 PM, John McChesney-Young <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

___

IST-Architecture, Platforms and Integration (API)
Earl Warren Hall, Second Floor

Re: [Micronet] Printing a PDF at 11x17 in Mac OS 10.7.5

Aron Roberts
To add just one postscript to Ian's thorough and clearly-worded answer
... the "Drivers/PPDs for the Xerox printer" that he mentioned may be
available here:

http://www.support.xerox.com/support/workcentre-5735-5740-5745-5755/downloads/enus.html?operatingSystem=macosx108