[Micronet] Problems with Chrome downloading PDFs on a Mac

[Micronet] Problems with Chrome downloading PDFs on a Mac

Phyllis Orrick
Hi all,

There is a thread or two somewhat related to this on the Chrome
discussion forum for Macs, but I couldn't find an answer. Thoughts
welcome.

An issue to report using Chrome on a Mac: I post a lot of pdfs that I
generate from Indesign using the export pdf function. I check them on
the Web by viewing them in Chrome and download them onto my machine. I
then either post the file or email it to a client directly from my
machine, knowing this is the latest "live" Web version. When clients
on various operating systems and myself try to open the pdf I get an
adobe error message "the file is damaged and could not be repaired."
When I download the Indesign exported pdf using Safari, I am able to
email the file and open it. I am using: Mac OS: 10.6.5; Chrome:
8.0.552.231.

--
Phyllis Orrick
Communications Manager