[Micronet] Projector?

Summer Scanlan
Hi all,

We need a new projector.  I've used NEC in the past and would probably buy one again.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Reliable, clear, lightweight, and not horribly expensive are the requirements...

Thanks!

Summer Scanlan
Office Manager
UC Berkeley Retirement Center

Re: [Micronet] Projector?

jon kuroda-2
I currently have a mix of Sanyo, Panasonic, and Hitachi for a varying
mix of fixed installation and portable for offsite event use.  Others
in EECS also use Epson.

When I have to buy a new projector for some new project, I first look
at these companies and then at http://www.projectorcentral.com/

Questions I would ask:

Primary purpose?
- Meeting room (and how big a room and how much ambient light?)
- portable for event support
- something else?

Define "lightweight" - for a large room with lots of unmitigatable ambient
light, the idea of lightweight can balloon up to 10kg.

Similarly for "expensive"

Who will have access to it?  I look at projectors differently if I have
to worry about public access versus access controlled meeting room.

Off the top of my head, the cheapest "brand name" I'd consdier is BenQ.

--Jon