[Micronet] Purchasing Extended Coverage through CDW-G for a dept. laptop?

[Micronet] Purchasing Extended Coverage through CDW-G for a dept. laptop?

Jack Burris
Howdy all,
I've spec'd-out (I nominate that term for inclusion in the next revision
of Webster's; especially since 'hella' was added recently) a laptop for
my department on CDW-G (it's an HP).  I don't see how to get extended
coverage for this machine (we're looking to cover it for three years)
within the BEARBUY/SCI-Quest website (via Blu).  I assume we CAN get a
warranty on such an item, anyone?

Thanks,
Jack Burris
SSCL

PS - I have already emailed/left-a-voicemail with the Cal CDW-G agents.

--

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." --
H.G. Wells

Re: [Micronet] Purchasing Extended Coverage through CDW-G for a dept. laptop?

Jonathan Felder
No need to nominate.  Specced and spec'd are in there.

http://mw2.merriamwebster.com/dictionary/specced
http://mw2.merriamwebster.com/dictionary/spec'd

http://books.google.com/books?id=TAnheeIPcAEC&lpg=PA1199&ots=39SgF7ZfRY&dq=specced%20webster&pg=PA1197#v=onepage&q&f=false

So specced/spec'd out works.

On 5/3/2011 12:28 PM, Jack Burris wrote:

> Howdy all,
> I've spec'd-out (I nominate that term for inclusion in the next revision
> of Webster's; especially since 'hella' was added recently) a laptop for
> my department on CDW-G (it's an HP).  I don't see how to get extended
> coverage for this machine (we're looking to cover it for three years)
> within the BEARBUY/SCI-Quest website (via Blu).  I assume we CAN get a
> warranty on such an item, anyone?
>
> Thanks,
> Jack Burris
> SSCL
>
> PS - I have already emailed/left-a-voicemail with the Cal CDW-G agents.

Re: [Micronet] Purchasing Extended Coverage through CDW-G for a dept. laptop?

Seth Novogrodsky
On 5/3/2011 12:28 PM, Jack Burris wrote:

> Howdy all,
> I've spec'd-out (I nominate that term for inclusion in the next revision
> of Webster's; especially since 'hella' was added recently) a laptop for
> my department on CDW-G (it's an HP).  I don't see how to get extended
> coverage for this machine (we're looking to cover it for three years)
> within the BEARBUY/SCI-Quest website (via Blu).  I assume we CAN get a
> warranty on such an item, anyone?
>
> Thanks,
> Jack Burris
> SSCL
>
> PS - I have already emailed/left-a-voicemail with the Cal CDW-G agents.

An extended warranty is an option for the Toshiba laptops at CDW-G; see
<http://cdgw.com/berkeley>.  For HP, you might want to contact Paul
Cardamone, [hidden email].  You can also order a laptop direct
from HP.

Regards,

Seth

--
Seth Novogrodsky, Letters & Science Computing Resources
http://ls.berkeley.edu/lscr/who/staff/seth