[Micronet] Quora Invites?

Bill Clark
Does anyone on Micronet have an invite to Quora (www.quora.com) that they
would be willing to extend my way?  Or at least has anybody used it and
has an impression they'd care to share?

-Bill Clark
Systems Unit
Graduate Division

Re: [Micronet] Quora Invites?

Greg Merritt
Why not just sign up via the links on the front page?  It looks open.

See also...

http://techcrunch.com/2010/06/21/quoras-highly-praised-qa-service-launches-to-the-public-and-the-real-test-begins/

-Greg

On Jan 5, 2011, at 1:11 PM, Bill Clark wrote:

> Does anyone on Micronet have an invite to Quora (www.quora.com) that
> they
> would be willing to extend my way?  Or at least has anybody used it
> and
> has an impression they'd care to share?

Re: [Micronet] Quora Invites?

Scot Hacker
On Jan 5, 2011, at 1:11 PM, Bill Clark wrote:

> Does anyone on Micronet have an invite to Quora (www.quora.com) that
> they
> would be willing to extend my way?  Or at least has anybody used it
> and
> has an impression they'd care to share?

Mixed feelings. Questions get answered quickly if you log in via
social networks and/or promote your questions. But some strange UI and
UX decisions. It's unsettling to sign up and find yourself already
following dozens of people and topics - they scan your social graph
and pre-populate your interests, which is a little creepy, but
admittedly useful. And the combined search/ask a question box takes
some getting used to. Overall it's like StackOverflow but with fewer
bells and whistles, and opened up to the whole universe of topics, and
deeply tied to your existing social networks. I think it has a ton of
promise, but definitely needs design and UX work.

./s

--
Scot Hacker, Webmaster
Knight Digital Media Center