[Micronet] SAS on Windows 7

Magee Mooney

We have had trouble running SAS on new Windows 7 systems.  In particular, a feature (library) that supports the import of data from Access databases won’t operation under Win7.

Our systems are configured with XP Mode emulation and we’re embarking on a SAS installation in the virtual XP host to see if that won’t get us around this problem.

Does anyone have any experience getting SAS to run on Win7 and have you found some installation or configuration approach particularly helpful?

Thanks in advance,

Magee

_____

Magee Mooney
Systems Analyst

California Childhood Leukemia Study

UC Berkeley School of Public Health

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Re: [Micronet] SAS on Windows 7

Jon Broshious
Hi Magee,

I'm in the process of aquiring an updated version of SAS 9.2 for Win7 x64 workstation. Send me an email at [hidden email] to open a ticket. I'll find your License information and get the copy out to you. Let me know if your machine is x32 or x64.

Jon

At 03:14 PM 6/24/2010, Magee Mooney wrote:

We have had trouble running SAS on new Windows 7 systems.  In particular, a feature (library) that supports the import of data from Access databases won’t operation under Win7.

Our systems are configured with XP Mode emulation and we’re embarking on a SAS installation in the virtual XP host to see if that won’t get us around this problem.

Does anyone have any experience getting SAS to run on Win7 and have you found some installation or configuration approach particularly helpful?

Thanks in advance,

Magee

_____

Magee Mooney