Quantcast

[Micronet] SIS Project Integration Update

[Micronet] SIS Project Integration Update

Adam Cohen

Hello Micronet Community,

We want to give you an update on what has been happening with the SIS Project recently and specifically within the Integration Team which is supporting campus applications that need access to student data.

SIS is “in production” and has already processed applications for the first wave of graduate programs with students starting in Fall 2016.  Later this month, we will be processing the undergraduate Class of 2020 who will matriculate this Fall.

SIS will be the only source of student data for new students who are starting in Fall 2016 so if you have an application that either sends or receives student data and have not heard from us yet, please contact us [hidden email].

Similarly, if you support an application currently in production that gets data from Bearfacts, DB2, STUPROD or MyBerkeleyApp, you should plan to continue getting your data from these data sources through Spring and Summer 2016.  SIS will not contain any data for Spring and Summer 2016.

The team has been working with over 50 campus application owners and developers to identify their interfaces and the work to integrate their applications with SIS.

We have released the Student API which is the primary method by which campus applications can access student data in a secure, real-time way.   This is in production at API Central and available for review and access requests.

Other APIs supporting access to data in the new SIS have been published to API Central (api-central.berkeley.edu) and are either in production or available for pre-release review.  These include Course, Class and Enrollment.  We encourage campus developers to review these API designs as well as the Enterprise Data Object (EDO) designs hosted on bMeta.berkeley.edu

Other helpful information:

  • For answers to recent questions about data changes see the Integration FAQ page.

  • Each Friday, the SIS Integrations team holds Virtual Office Hours from 1-3 pm to answer questions and discuss issues you may be having. To join us, call 1-888-240-2560 - meeting ID: 204807572.

  • The email list “sis-integrations-tech-announce” will be used to announce availability of new and updated APIs to support campus application owners.  While it is intended primarily for a technical audience, anyone can subscribe at bConnected Manage My Lists by entering the email list name at the bottom of the page. We want to spread the word, so please send this to anyone you think would be interested in this information.

We welcome your feedback. If you have questions or comments, please contact us at [hidden email].

Adam Cohen

Integration Team Lead

University of California, Berkeley

Student  Information Systems (SIS) Project

2850 Telegraph Ave., Suite 600  (MC 4910)

Berkeley, CA  94705-1192

Phone: 510.701.2911

http://sisproject.berkeley.edu/team/integration