[Micronet] SMB to Mac OS 10.8

erol
I'm trying to configure a Canon copier to send document scan files via SMB to a shared folder on a Mac running 10.8 with no success.  My suspicion is the Canon SMB implementation is not compatible with the SMB configuration within OS 10.8.  It works to send files to a Mac running 10.6.8, but apparently something was changed with SMB starting in 10.7.

I have set up an HP Multifunction Printer to send scan files via SMB to the same shared folder on the Mac running 10.8, so this clearly seems to be a problem with the Canon software.

Does anyone out there have any experience with this an know a possible solution?

Thanks,

Erol Kepkep

Re: [Micronet] SMB to Mac OS 10.8

Graham Patterson

Are you authenticating as 'COMPUTERNAME/User' or just 'User'?

I am assuming the Mac is not in AD either?

I would not put it past Canon to still be trying LANMAN level
authentication 8-(

Graham