[Micronet] Samba and Active Directory

Ivan Ordonez
Hi,

I am having the hardest time getting our Ricoh Aficio devices to talk to
our server using Active Directory authentication with Samba and
Winbind.  I look at Ricoh website and did not find anything helpful.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Ivan

Re: [Micronet] Samba and Active Directory

Graham Patterson

Our Business Office uses User Codes for auth, and guards that right
ferociously.

I wonder if you need to pre-create a 'computer' account for the device
in AD first.

You will need a Kerberos Realm set to then set Kerberos Authentication,
which appears to be under the Device Settings,  Program/Change Realm.

I looked at doing it, but the IT group here does not manage access to
the copiers, so it is all theory, no practice.

DNS will likely have to resolve, of course.

Graham

On 3/19/12 2:42 PM, Ivan Ordonez wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am having the hardest time getting our Ricoh Aficio devices to talk to
> our server using Active Directory authentication with Samba and
> Winbind.  I look at Ricoh website and did not find anything helpful.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> -Ivan

Re: [Micronet] Samba and Active Directory

Ivan Ordonez
We got this to work.  We are now able to use the scan to folder feature
on our Ricoh Aficio device.  Enabling NTLMv2 via telnet did the trick.

Thanks,
-Ivan