Quantcast

[Micronet] Scan to email settings

Alex Warren

HI Micronet,

I have a HP Color LaserJet M680 that I have been trying to get up and running, but I can’t seem to get the scan to email functioning properly.  Does anyone know the proper settings for scan to email using the gmail servers?  Here is what I know so far:

Smtp.gmail.com

Port 465 (or 587)

No SSL

Need Calnet and Google Key

So far my setup kicks back an error of “SMTP gateway not responding” on port 465 and something I don’t remember on 587.  If anyone has one of these setup to go through google, please let me know so I can finish off this printer once and for all.

Thanks!

Alex Warren

CED IIT

University of California, Berkeley

485 Wurster Hall

To learn more about Micronet, please visit the Micronet Web site: http://micronet.berkeley.edu

Messages you send to this mailing list are public and world-viewable, and the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet. This means these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses, prospective employers, and people who have known you in the past.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Micronet" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/lists.berkeley.edu/group/micronet-list/.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/lists.berkeley.edu/d/msgid/micronet-list/52856c77a2e58bebf1bf09464981ed2c%40mail.gmail.com.

Re: [Micronet] Scan to email settings

Vivian Sophia
You can use port 25 with  aspmx.l.google.com  see https://support.google.com/a/answer/176600?hl=en.

I have done this successfuly.

Vivian Sophia
Berkeley IT
CSS IT High-Impact Client Support Lead
Micronet Community of Practice Coordinator
University of California, Berkeley
310B Durant Hall
(510) 541-6120

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 4:13 PM, Alex Warren <[hidden email]> wrote:

HI Micronet,

I have a HP Color LaserJet M680 that I have been trying to get up and running, but I can’t seem to get the scan to email functioning properly.  Does anyone know the proper settings for scan to email using the gmail servers?  Here is what I know so far:

Smtp.gmail.com

Port 465 (or 587)

No SSL

Need Calnet and Google Key

So far my setup kicks back an error of “SMTP gateway not responding” on port 465 and something I don’t remember on 587.  If anyone has one of these setup to go through google, please let me know so I can finish off this printer once and for all.

Thanks!

Alex Warren

CED IIT

University of California, Berkeley

485 Wurster Hall

Berkeley, CA 94720

[...]

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/lists.berkeley.edu/d/msgid/micronet-list/CAO%2BvSVy76vD3%3D5eH50ZSeTNcAFa%2B0i%2BVC9VZ1B%3DqDQ7fKwqnVg%40mail.gmail.com.

Re: [Micronet] Scan to email settings

TLS? I doubt you will get much from smtp.gmail.com using an unencrypted
connection.

If you are going to just campus, calmail.berkley.edu should work on port 25.

For some jobs (odd devices with inflexible mail tools) I have found it
easier to mail to a list (Google Group) with just one member, and get
the off-campus transfer that way.

Graham

On 6/13/16 4:13 PM, Alex Warren wrote:

> HI Micronet,
>

> I have a HP Color LaserJet M680 that I have been trying to get up and
> running, but I can’t seem to get the scan to email functioning
> properly.  Does anyone know the proper settings for scan to email using
> the gmail servers?  Here is what I know so far:
>

> Smtp.gmail.com <http://Smtp.gmail.com>
>
> Port 465 (or 587)
>
> No SSL
>
> Need Calnet and Google Key
>

> So far my setup kicks back an error of “SMTP gateway not responding” on
> port 465 and something I don’t remember on 587.  If anyone has one of
> these setup to go through google, please let me know so I can finish off
> this printer once and for all.
>

> Thanks!
>

> Alex Warren
>
> CED IIT
>
> University of California, Berkeley
>
> 485 Wurster Hall
>
> Berkeley, CA 94720
>
> (510) 295-5714

> and the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet.
> This means these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses,
>
> ANNOUNCEMENTS: To send announcements to the Micronet list, please use
> the [hidden email] list.
> ---
> Groups "Micronet" group.
> an email to [hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>.
> <mailto:[hidden email]>.
> Visit this group at
> https://groups.google.com/a/lists.berkeley.edu/group/micronet-list/.
> https://groups.google.com/a/lists.berkeley.edu/d/msgid/micronet-list/52856c77a2e58bebf1bf09464981ed2c%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/a/lists.berkeley.edu/d/msgid/micronet-list/52856c77a2e58bebf1bf09464981ed2c%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
> For more options, visit
> https://groups.google.com/a/lists.berkeley.edu/d/optout.

Rm 111, Lawrence Hall of Science, UC Berkeley   510-643-1984
puzzles, and the meteorite..." - used to be the directions to my office.

To learn more about Micronet, please visit the Micronet Web site: http://micronet.berkeley.edu

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Micronet" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/lists.berkeley.edu/group/micronet-list/.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/lists.berkeley.edu/d/msgid/micronet-list/c2b0d46a-1639-f395-679e-ad37a9940ea8%40berkeley.edu.

Re: [Micronet] Scan to email settings

Ryan Tran
Hi Alex,

Since calmail no longer working, here is the update version on how to setup scan to email for any MFD using SPA account. Let me know if you need additional help, most of the MFD in College of Chemistry is using this method and there are no issues with it so far.

​Regards,​
Ryan D Tran
CSS-IT Campanile Zone
Office: BG17 Giauque Hall
To submit a ticket, please choose one of the three options below:
[hidden email]
510-664-9000. Select Option 1 (for IT)
Submit a ticket

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/lists.berkeley.edu/d/msgid/micronet-list/CAGYg4Zaymd8N6DCWjGHSdSzQCQBnjjpw%2BVpGq-3MJgqp2%2B5BQg%40mail.gmail.com.