[Micronet] Secunia failing to connect

Mike Friedman
Hi,

Starting this morning, Secunia (2.0) wouldn't connect to its server,
which means it wouldn't even come up.  I was running 2.0, but looking
around I found that 3.0 is available, so I installed it.  But this
doesn't fix the problem.  However, the new version does give me a
message that it can't connect to the Internet and says I should see if I
can connect to https://psi3.secunia.com, which I can from my browser.
Per suggestions on the Secunia FAQ, I also checked that the Secunia
service is started and set to automatic and that active scripting is
enabled.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Mike

--
Mike Friedman
[hidden email]

Re: [Micronet] Secunia failing to connect

Jon Johnsen
I've just run 3.0 at home successfully and 2.0 on my work computer on
campus successfully.

Jon Johnsen
Information Systems Office
433 University Hall
School of Public Health, UC Berkeley
510 643-4357

On 2012-08-11 15:25, Jon Johnsen wrote:
I've just run 3.0 at home successfully and 2.0 on my work computer on campus successfully.

Jon,

A few hours ago, Secunia 3.0 finally made a connection.  But connectivity was flaky for a while, not only within Secunia, but also with my browser connection to psi3.secunia.com.  I'm having no other connectivity problems, just with Secunia.

It seems to be improving as time goes by.  I've never had this problem before today.

Mike

--
Mike Friedman
[hidden email]
http://mikefberkeley.com

Re: [Micronet] Secunia failing to connect

paul rivers

In case any Micronetters missed the announcement some months ago, we have an agreement in place that allows the use of PSI on any computer on the UCB network, regardless of how the machine was purchased.  We are not limited to use PSI on only personally owned machines.

https://security.berkeley.edu/content/secunia-personal-software-inspector-psi

Regards,
Paul