[Micronet] Streaming Live Now: Summer School Session #2: Let's get organized! bSpace to Google Docs]

[Micronet] Streaming Live Now: Summer School Session #2: Let's get organized! bSpace to Google Docs]

James Kent Dudek
Summer School Session #2: Let's get organized! bSpace to G Hi All,

We are live and will archive this presentation at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/bpawg-at-berkeley

James

Dear Colleagues,

The second in an 8-session summer school series is being hosted by BPAWG.  Please see the note from AVC Erin Gore and the schedule for the series below.

If you want to play along while the presentation is going on, please bring your laptop or a friend with a laptop.  This is not necessary, but an option as AirBears is available in the room.

"Let's get organized!  bSpace to Google Docs"
Thursday, June 24, 2010
3:00 - 4:30pm
60 Barrows Hall

This session will be streamed and archived at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/bpawg-at-berkeley

Presenters:

Jon Hays, Instructional Designer, ETS
James Dudek, Business Systems Analyst, Student Service Systems

This session will introduce two tools you may have heard of, but never used.  Or perhaps you have used them, but only at a basic level.  We will dive into the wonderful world of Google Docs, and learn the basics and some advanced usages of this collaborative tool.  Learn how you can store a document in the clouds and share with your chosen collaborators.  Whether you are trying to coordinate the authorship of a single document among several colleagues, or simply needing to find an easier way to plan your camping trip with friends, Google Docs can help!  Next, we will showcase bSpace and learn how it can be used effectively for staff committees and other efforts.

Note from AVC Erin Gore:
Hello -
Thanks to everyone involved and those who attended our successful kick-off to the first of eight sessions in our IDMG Summer Series on Turning Data into Information - Tips, Tools and Training.  With over 80 in the room and 50 tuned in on-line, Alfred Alipio-Jocson condensed Edward Tufte's presentation tips and training into twenty minutes.  If you missed it, Alfred produced a very useful handout that can be found (along with all future Summer Series handouts) on our IDMG Summer Sessions page.
On Thursday, June 24th, the Business Process Analysts Working Group (BPAWG) will host the second session of our Summer School Series called "Let's Get Organized - bSpace to Google Docs."  If you are interested in learning from campus experts on these tools or you have tips to share yourself, please join us at 60 Barrows Hall from 3-4:30pm.  Or if you can't get away from your office, you can watch a video stream of this session by tuning into http://www.ustream.tv/channel/bpawg-at-berkeley.
If you have any questions or feedback on the overall summer series, please contact Pamela Brown ([hidden email]) in the Office of Planning and Analysis.
I am so excited about this initiative and look forward to seeing you this summer!
Thanks,
Erin
 Summer Series Schedule:
Turning Data into Information - Tools, Tips and Training
 ALL  SESSIONS OCCUR IN 60 BARROWS HALL
Date/Time
Topic
Sponsor/Contact
June 1 (10:30am-12pm)
Summer Series Overview & Presentation Boot Camp (aka Tufte in Twenty Minutes)
CAN
[hidden email]
June 24 (3-4:30pm)
Let's Get Organized: bSpace to Google Docs
BPAWG
[hidden email]
July 6 (10:30am-12pm)
What Did They Say?  Tools to Present Survey Data
CAN
[hidden email]
July 13 (10-11:30am)
Infographics: Tools to Present a Lot of Data in a Condensed Space
Policy Analysts Roundtable
[hidden email]
July 22 (3-4:30pm)
Web Tools: From Google Charts to Screen Casting
BPAWG
[hidden email]
August 3 (10:30am-12pm)
How to Create a Supergraphic
CAN
[hidden email]
August 10 (10-11:30am)
Framing Your Message:  Panel Discussion on Creating Handouts and Presentation Materials
Policy Analysts Roundtable
[hidden email]
August 26 (3-4:30pm)
From A to B: Presenting Process Maps and Redesign Tools
BPAWG
[hidden email]

 ****BPAWG - Our Mission and Purpose**

BPAWG, a campus staff organization, offers the UC community a forum for
the discussion of business process analysis and associated methods,
tools, and strategies. While each of the following is deserving of its
own forum, BPAWG brings the UC community of interest together to discuss
how these disciplines intersect, interact and add value to each other.
BPAWG meetings offer demonstrations, discussions and opportunities to
meet with experts and colleagues working in these areas:

*Project Management

*Systems Analysis and Design

*Usability Testing

*User and Task Analysis

*Interviewing Techniques

*Computer-Aided Analysis Tools

For more information about BPAWG, visit:
http://stafforg.berkeley.edu/org/business-process-analysis-working-group

Peggy Huston
Director, Technology Program Office

Katie Dustin
Project/Policy Analyst and Adviser
College of Letters and Science
University of California, Berkeley
113 Campbell Hall, #2924
Berkeley, CA  94720-2924
Phone:  510-642-8740
Fax:  510-642-2372
Email:  [hidden email]

Cal Assessment Network
bSpace:     Cal Assessment Network
Facebook:  CAN-at-Berkeley

--
James Kent Dudek
Business Systems Analyst

What is Kuali Student?
http://student.kuali.org/

Business Process Analysis Working Group (BPAWG)
http://stafforg.berkeley.edu/bpawg/