[Micronet] Student support question

Guy D. VINSON
Does anyone know of any official or unofficial support on campus for students wishing to set up a dual boot on Macs, using bootcamp or vmware, in order to run Windows on Apple hardware.

Guy Vinson
Infrastructure & IT
College of Environmental Design
University of California at Berkeley

Re: [Micronet] Student support question

Erik T. Mitchell
Hi Guy,

The library is putting a dual boot lab in place and we learned quit a bit from the folks in ETS. Dave Wong and Paul Payne in the library would be two good sources of information for how we approached dual boot using boot camp and if you want to see the computers you can go to the Moffitt library 3rd floor.

Erik

Erik Mitchell
Associate University Librarian

On Aug 28, 2013, at 1:19 PM, "Guy D. VINSON" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Does anyone know of any official or unofficial support on campus for students wishing to set up a dual boot on Macs, using bootcamp or vmware, in order to run Windows on Apple hardware.

Guy Vinson
Infrastructure & IT
College of Environmental Design
University of California at Berkeley

Re: [Micronet] Student support question

gartim

side note, I've used http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/REFIt refit to have
dual boot osx and mint linux, works great.  g.

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 01:19:27PM -0700, Guy D. VINSON wrote:
>   Does anyone know of any official or unofficial support on campus for
>   students wishing to set up a dual boot on Macs, using bootcamp or vmware,
>   in order to run Windows on Apple hardware. �
>   Guy Vinson
>   Infrastructure & IT
>   College of Environmental Design
>   University of California at Berkeley
>   510-842-7199

>http://micronet.berkeley.edu
>
>Messages you send to this mailing list are public and world-viewable, and the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet.  This means these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses, prospective employers, and people who have known you in the past.

Re: [Micronet] Student support question

Lucy Greco
I used that in the lab and it worked great and was accessible as well

Lucia Greco
Web Access Analyst
IST-Campus Technology Services
University of California, Berkeley
(510) 289-6008 skype: lucia1-greco
http://webaccess.berkeley.edu
Follow me on twitter @accessaces

dual boot osx and mint linux, works great.  g.

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 01:19:27PM -0700, Guy D. VINSON wrote:
>   Does anyone know of any official or unofficial support on campus for
>   students wishing to set up a dual boot on Macs, using bootcamp or
> vmware,
>   in order to run Windows on Apple hardware. �
>   Guy Vinson
>   Infrastructure & IT
>   College of Environmental Design
>   University of California at Berkeley
>   510-842-7199

>visit the Micronet Web site:
>
>http://micronet.berkeley.edu
>
>Messages you send to this mailing list are public and world-viewable, and
>the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet.  This
>means these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses,
>prospective employers, and people who have known you in the past.

visit the Micronet Web site:

the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet.  This means
these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses, prospective
employers, and people who have known you in the past.

Re: [Micronet] Student support question

Christopher Washington
Hello Guy,

The ETS-Computer Facilities/SCCS help desk doesn't currently provide mac dual boot set-up support on student/faculty/staff owned devices as it is outside of our service scope.  The reason being is that using BootCamp can be an involved process and could possibly include some liability issues for us involving loss of data if there is a problem with the set-up.  However, I believe that could change in the future as we are researching Bootcamp support training for our SCCS staff and ways to resolve any liability problems.  Currently, we refer SCCS clients needing to set up a dual/tri boot Mac to the following off campus computer service providers:

-Apple Store Genius Bar on 4th Street, Berkeley http://www.apple.com/retail/4thstreet/

Cheers,

Chris

--