[Micronet] Symantec Ghost image

Ivan Ordonez
Hi,

Does anyone know if Symantec Ghost image of a Windows 7 Pro machine be
use/deploy to any computer models with a totally different hardware
specifications?

I seem to remember that you can take an image of Windows Vista and
deploy it on any computer regardless of the model but not sure if the
same is true with Windows 7.

Thanks in advance,
-Ivan

Re: [Micronet] Symantec Ghost image

Brett Larsen
Hi Ivan,

I haven't loaded images created from Dell computers with Windows 7 on
other brands but I believe you should have good success.   I have been
working with Windows 7 Enterprise (MCCA) and expect that Pro has all the
same drivers which is much more extensive than Windows XP. In fact,
there are very few additional drivers that I have needed to download
from the Dell website after imaging different Dell computers with a
Windows 7 master.   I have been able to use the same image for both
laptops and desktops without problem.

My guess is as long as you stick with major brands and fairly mainstream
models, you should be in good shape.  The only way to know is to try.

Contact me if you have addition questions.

Brett Larsen

On 7/1/2010 12:59 PM, Ivan Ordonez wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if Symantec Ghost image of a Windows 7 Pro machine be
> use/deploy to any computer models with a totally different hardware
> specifications?
>
> I seem to remember that you can take an image of Windows Vista and
> deploy it on any computer regardless of the model but not sure if the
> same is true with Windows 7.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> -Ivan

Brett Larsen