[Micronet] Symantec Veritas Cluster

Giulia Hill

Is anybody using the Veritas Cluster software for high availability? I'm
working on setting up a symmetric configuration on two test machines,
and, given my very little familiarity with the system, it would be very
helpful to compare notes with somebody that has already done something
similar.

I'm following the documentation at their support website which is useful
as a reference but it doesn't have a full example to follow and implement.

The Cluster Service is already up on one of the two machines, so I can
use either the java console or the PC based client. My understanding is
that my next step is to create a new ServiceGroup, define its resources
and their connections according to a template, assign agents to the
resources for monitoring, and enable them on line.

If anybody has already gone through this process and would be willing to
share their notes, it would be much appreciated.

Giulia

Re: [Micronet] Symantec Veritas Cluster

John Ober
Giulia -
At the CDL we use VCS extensively in both our stage environment and for
high availability of our production applications. VCS can be a bit of a
beast to set up and debug, but helps enormously for maintenance (failing
apps to the secondary node for maintenance on the primary) and holds up
under the fault/disaster simulations we've run to date. We've documented
things pretty extensively. I'll have our systems architect get in touch
with you.
-- John

------
John Ober, Mgr., Infrastructure & Applications Support
California Digital Library (www.cdlib.org)
University of California
415 20th St.
Oakland, CA 94612