[Micronet] TODAY (11/17): Agile Brown Bag: Project Requirements -- The Easy Way: 200C Warren Hall: 12 - 1:30 PM

[Micronet] TODAY (11/17): Agile Brown Bag: Project Requirements -- The Easy Way: 200C Warren Hall: 12 - 1:30 PM

Judy Dobry-2
Hi,

Tired of requirements documents that read like your cell phone contract?  Tired of discovering that after all that effort those documents don't actually represent what your customers want?  Then this Agile Brown Bag on user stories is for you.

User stories are an easy way to collect project requirements.  Because they are quick to write and easy for everyone to understand, you eliminate the cell phone contract problem:  Everybody knows what they are getting allowing you to implement correctly the first time.

To teach us this technique,  we have two very experienced project managers -  Marlita Kahn of IST and Ken Sumikawa of Student Affairs IT.  Marlita and Ken will be demonstrating how to create user stories and giving all of us a chance to try them out for ourselves.  They will also be sharing their experience of using them on a number of projects here at Berkeley.

If you're tired of requirements writer's cramp and you want to meet your customers' needs the first time, this Agile Brown Bag is definitely for you.

Remember newcomers are always welcome.

See you  there,

Judy (on behalf of the Agile Brown Bag Organizing Committee)

Fall, 2014 Agile Brown Bag Calender

Date:  Monday, November 17  12 - 1:30PM

Topic:  User Stories - A Quick, Easy Way to Gather User Requirements

Presenters:  Marlita Kahn (IST) and  Ken Sumikawa  (Student Affairs IT)

Location:  200C Warren Hall

Date:  Monday, December 1  12 - 1:30PM

Topic:  Retrospectives  - Getting the Feedback You Need

Presenters:  Donna Seaward (Haas) and  Ken Sumikawa (Student Affairs IT)

Location:  200C Warren Hall

December 15   12 - 1:30PM

Topic:   A Holiday Gift to You:  Agile Solutions to Your Most Pressing Problems

Presenters: Everyone

Location: Location California Hall Room 20

--------------------------
Agile Brown Bag FAQ

Who can come to the meetings?
Anyone with an interest in Agile is welcome at the meeting.   We learn by having everyone from Agile neophytes to long time users share their knowledge and experience.

Do you have to register beforehand?
No registration is required.  Just come to the meeting.

How can I get more information about the meetings?
Please get in touch with the meeting coordinator,  Judy Dobry ([hidden email]).

Do you have any other Agile activities?
We have a hour long introduction to Agile that we are happy to present to any campus group that requests it.  We are also working on an Agile Web site.

Who organizes all this?
We have an Organizing Committee that anyone is welcome to join.  Current members include Michelle Bautista(CSS), Kim Carl (VC - Research), Jon Conheim (TPO), Judy Dobry (Grad Div), Devin Jones (Law), Marlita Kahn (IST), Wendy Pennell (EECS),  Donna Seaward (Haas) and Ken Sumikawa (SAIT) .

How can I get more information?
Feel free to get in touch with any member of the Organizing Committee.

--
Judy Dobry
Director, Systems