[Micronet] TODAY: Agile Brown Bag: Agile Project from Start to Finish: Noon to 1:30: 101A Warren Hall

[Micronet] TODAY: Agile Brown Bag: Agile Project from Start to Finish: Noon to 1:30: 101A Warren Hall

Judy Dobry-2
Hi,

Want to do an Agile project from start to finish?  Then come to our
meeting on Monday as we kick off a series of workshops that will take us
through all phases of an Agile project.  This series is equally useful
for newcomers and experienced Agilests and for IT and non-IT folks.  Our
goal is to go through the whole Agile process with a real world project
so that we can all learn how to do it better.

At Monday's workshop we'll be constructing an Agile charter.  I know, I
know I too once thought: who needs to have a charter for a small
project?  But Jon Conhaim's template changed my mind and I think it will
change your mind too.  When you get through this document, you will be
clear about your next steps and you will know that everyone on your team
is on the same page.

So come hear Jon, head of IST's Technology Program Office and one the
campus' most successful project managers, explain how to kick off a
successful project.  You may want to come to Warren Hall if you can
since this is a hands on workshop.

Extra bonus:  This is a chance to test out the proposed official Berkeley charter document for all large projects.  Jon's really interested in everyone's feedback so come on out and help Berkeley create a great charter template.
You may want to download a copy of the charter before coming to the meeting:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7MbMrCYazlzTlpDMGFlaUlCVTg
Time:  noon to 1:30

Place:  101A Warren Hall

Online:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqVrJ6U8qq0

Judy (for the Agile organizing committee)

Agile Brown Bag FAQ

What is the fall semester meeting schedule?

September 28:   Agile Workshop I:   Writing a Charter for Your Agile Project with Jon Conhaim

October 5:   Agile Workshop II:  Prioritizing Your Agile Project with Judy Dobry (in 331 Sproul Hall)

October 12:  Agile Workshop III:  Scheduling Your Agile Project with Wendy Pennell

October 26:  Agile User Input and Project Design with Bernadette Geuy

November 9:  Agile Mindset with David Chilcott

December 7:  Agile Workshop IV: Retrospectives

December 21:  Holiday Lunch

All meetings are in 101A Warren Hall except where noted.  All meetings run from noon until 1:30.

Who can come to the meetings?

Anyone with an interest in
Agile is welcome at the meeting.   We learn by having everyone from Agile neophytes to long time users share their knowledge and experience.

Do you have to register beforehand?
No registration is required.  Just come to the meeting.  But for this meeting I would really appreciate an email RSVP so that we can be sure to have enough room.

How can I get more information about the meetings?
Please get in touch with the meeting coordinator,  Judy Dobry (
[hidden email]).

Do you have a Web site?
agile.berkeley.edu is our web site.  It has all kinds of materials for both new and experienced agile users

How do I add myself to your mailing list?
Go to http://agile.berkeley.edu.

Do you have any other
Agile activities?
We have an hour long introduction to
Agile that we are happy to present to any campus group that requests it.

Who organizes all this?
We have an Organizing Committee that anyone is welcome to join.  Current members include Michelle Bautista(CSS), Kim Carl (VC - Research), Jon Conhaim (TPO), Judy Dobry (Grad Div), Devin Jones (Law), Marlita Kahn (IST), Wendy Pennell (EECS),  Donna Seaward (Haas), Kendall Moalem (CSS) and Ken Sumikawa (SAIT)

--
Judy Dobry
Director, Systems

Re: [Micronet] TODAY: Agile Brown Bag: Agile Project from Start to Finish: Noon to 1:30: 101A Warren Hall

kimbercarl

---
Kimberly Carl, M.L.I.S.
Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research
119 California Hall
Berkeley, CA  94720
(510) 643-1017