[Micronet] TODAY: Agile Brown Bag Meeting in 331 Sproul Hall at 12:15 PM

[Micronet] TODAY: Agile Brown Bag Meeting in 331 Sproul Hall at 12:15 PM

Judy Dobry-2
Hi,

Kanban boards are at the heart of what makes many Agile projects work.
To help us learn more about them, Veronica Padilla has graciously agreed
to give us a demo.  So bring your lunch and spend an hour with fellow
Agile learners gaining an understanding of this key tool.

Here are the meeting particulars:

Place:  331 Sproul  (third floor)
Time:  12:15 -1:30

Judy

--
Judy Dobry
Director, Systems

[Micronet] TODAY: Introduction to Agile in 331 Sproul Hall at 12:15 PM

Judy Dobry-2
Hi,

Ever wondered what Agile is?  Have you heard bits and pieces about it
but  not sure you understand the big picture?  Well today's Agile Brown
Bag Lunch is for you.

The Introduction to Agile presentation we will be hearing today was put
together by Donna Seaward (Haas) and Michelle Bautista (Shared Services)
to help Berkeley staff understand  how Agile tools can work for them.
If you would like to learn about tools that simplify your work,  improve
the quality of what you produce, and shorten the time it takes to
complete projects, this presentation is for you.

Time:  12:15 to 1:30 PM
Date: Monday, 11/25/13
Place:  331 Sproul Hall

Judy Dobry

--
Judy Dobry
Director, Systems

[Micronet] TODAY: Taming Email With Agile at the Agile Brown Bag Meeting in 331 Sproul Hall at 12:15 PM

Judy Dobry-2

Can the email beast be tamed?  At today's meeting we will use Agile
principles to figure out new and better ways to get email under
control.  This is a great chance for those new to Agile to learn and
apply its basic principles.  It's also a good opportunity for those
familiar with Agile to use crowdsourcing to slay a monster that preys on
all of us.

Meeting time:  12:15 to 1:30
Meeting place:  331 Sproul Hall

See you there,

Judy

--
Judy Dobry
Director, Systems

[Micronet] Agile Brown Bag Meeting at Noon on Monday, 3/10

Judy Dobry-2

Ever wonder how to quickly and easily get started using Agile to improve your productivity?  Then our next meeting is right for you.

Kanban Boards are at the heart of Agile. They are the one tool almost every Agilist uses because they are so effective and easy to use.  Veronica Padilla, Administrative and Financial Manager for East Asian Languages and Cultures, knows the magic of Kanban boards.  She uses them every day for her own work and has taken classes to learn how to supercharge them.  At Monday's meeting she'll be showing us how we can use them for our own work.  For Agile newcomers this session offers a great introduction to this tool.  For those already using Kanban Boards, this session offers a chance to learn new Kanban Board tricks and mentor those who are just getting started.

Everyone is welcome at the meeting whether you are new to Agile or experienced user.  Our goal is to share our experience and knowledge so we can all be more productive.

Meeting time:  Noon, Monday, 3/10
Location:  198 University Hall

Spring Semester Agile Brown Bag Schedule

  • 3/24,

[Micronet] CORRECTED: Agile Brown Bag Meeting at Noon on Monday, 3/10

Judy Dobry-2
Hi,

[...]

  • On 3/24, David Scronce of Learning + Organizational Development will lead a discussion about how to make change on campus.

  • On 4/7, Bernie Geuy  of ETS will do a presentation on experience mapping.

  • On 4/21, Michelle Bautista of CSS will do a presentation on sprints and product ownership.

--
Judy Dobry
Director, Systems

[Micronet] TODAY: Agile Brown Bag Meeting at Noon in 198 University Hall

Judy Dobry-2
Hi,

Today's meeting is about using a simple technique, Kanban Boards,  to quickly and easily get started using Agile to improve your productivity.

[...]

  • On 5/5,   Prioritzing Your Requirements a panel discussion.

--
Judy Dobry
Director, Systems