[Micronet] TODAY: Agile Brown Bag: Repealing (Almost) Murphy's Law: Noon to 1:30: 101A Warren Hall

[Micronet] TODAY: Agile Brown Bag: Repealing (Almost) Murphy's Law: Noon to 1:30: 101A Warren Hall

Judy Dobry-2
Hi,

Let's face it, nothing scares us more than Murphy's Law in action.  While we can't entirely repeal Murphy's spell,  we can do a lot to create Plan B's and to alert our managers and user communities to the risks any given project entails.

To teach us how to do this, Jon Conhaim, the Manager of the Technology Program Office and one of the best project managers on campus, has put together an interactive workshop  on this topic.  While some of this will be specific to IT, many  of the ideas Jon will teach apply to any project.  This workshop's topics include:

  1. Identifying and documenting risks.

  2. Assessing the probability and impact of risks.

  3. Prioritizing risks.

  4. Creating plans and a budget to manage the most important project risks.

  5. Reviewing the risk management budget with the project sponsor.

  6. Implementing the risks plans.

  7. Monitoring and continuing to identify and assess risks.

Jon will also discuss some of the most common risks that arise during information technology and other projects and discuss ways to address them.

Attached are the handouts for the presentation.

Time:   Noon to 1:30 PM on Monday, January 25, 2016.
Place:  101A Warren Hall (2195 Hearst Ave.)
Online:
This will be a highly interactive session so we encourage you to participate in person.  However, the session will be broadcast via Blue Jeans.  Kim Carl will attempt to moderate the session activities for remote participants via Blue Jeans.   Here's the Blue Jeans connection information:

To join the Meeting:
To join via Browser:
To join with Lync:

To join via Room System:
Video Conferencing System: bjn.vc -or- 199.48.152.152
Meeting ID: 602366821

To join via Phone:
1) Dial:
        +1.408.740.7256
        +1.888.240.2560(US Toll Free)
        +1.408.317.9253(Alternate number)
        (see all numbers - http://bluejeans.com/numbers)
2) Enter Conference ID: 602366821

Agile Brown Bag FAQ

Who can come to the meetings?
Anyone with an interest in
Agile is welcome at the meeting.   We learn by having everyone from Agile neophytes to long time users share their knowledge and experience.

Do you have to register beforehand?
No registration is required.  Just come to the meeting.  But for this meeting I would really appreciate an email RSVP so that we can be sure to have enough room.

How can I get more information about the meetings?
Please get in touch with the meeting coordinator,  Judy Dobry (
[hidden email][hidden email]).

Do you have a Web site?
agile.berkeley.edu is our web site.  It has all kinds of materials for both new and experienced agile users

How do I add myself to your mailing list?
Go to http://agile.berkeley.edu.

Do you have any other
Agile activities?
We have an hour long introduction to
Agile that we are happy to present to any campus group that requests it.

Who organizes all this?
We have an Organizing Committee that anyone is welcome to join.  Current members include Michelle Bautista(CSS), Kim Carl (VC - Research), Jon Conhaim (TPO), Judy Dobry (Grad Div), Devin Jones (Law), Marlita Kahn (IST), Wendy Pennell (EECS),  Donna Seaward (Haas), Kendall Moalem (CSS) and Ken Sumikawa (SAIT)
--
Judy Dobry
Director, Systems

IT Project Risks and Opputunitiesv28.docx (73K) Download Attachment
Risk Register Template.xlsx (17K) Download Attachment
Risk_Planningv4_presentation.docx (41K) Download Attachment