Quantcast

[Micronet] TODAY: Agile Brown Bag: Stop Herding Cats; Start Leading People: Noon to 1:30: 101A Warren Hall

[Micronet] TODAY: Agile Brown Bag: Stop Herding Cats; Start Leading People: Noon to 1:30: 101A Warren Hall

Judy Dobry-2

Hi,

Managing people, much less leading them, is hard.  That's true if you sign their performance appraisal and it's definitely true if you don't.  Sure you can use the big stick (or lasso ;)), but in the long run it's simply not effective.  So what's a person to do?

Listen to an expert!  Professor Jo-Ellen Pozner (joellenpozner.com) from Haas is an expert in leadership.  She has years of experience teaching Haas's Leading People course to MBAs and executives.  In addition she is part of the Haas Management of Organizations group.  Those of you who heard this talk at the Cal Women's Network know just how much you learn from an hour with Professor Pozner.  I certainly learned a whole lot that I was able to put it to work immediately.

Monday's talk is on Leadership Style, with the objective of stimulating thinking about:

  • How you work with those around you
  • How your own personal style impacts the culture around you
  • How you might make small changes that have big impact on the success of your culture and organizational strategy
  • How to increase your potential as a visionary leader

If you are a leader, or hope to become one, you owe it to yourself to put this on your calendar.

Date:  Monday, May 2, 2016
Time:  Noon to 1:30 PM
Place:  101A Warren Hall (corner of Hearst and Oxford)

Online: to join the meeting
https://bluejeans.com/602366821

To join via Browser:
https://bluejeans.com/602366821/browser

To join with Lync:
https://bluejeans.com/602366821/lync

To join via Room System:
Video Conferencing System:
bjn.vc -or- 199.48.152.152
Meeting ID: 602366821

To join via Phone:
1) Dial:
(see all numbers -
http://bluejeans.com/numbers)
2) Enter Conference ID: 602366821

Judy on behalf of the Agile Organizing Committee

(Michelle Bautista(CSS), Kim Carl (VC - Research), Jon Conhaim (TPO), Judy Dobry (Grad Div), Devin Jones (Law), Marlita Kahn (IST), Wendy Pennell (EECS),  Donna Seaward (Haas), Lisa Martin (Haas), Kendall Moalem (CSS) and Ken Sumikawa (SAIT))

--------------------------------
Agile Brown Bag FAQ

Who can come to the meetings?
Anyone with an interest in Agile is welcome at the meeting.   We learn by having everyone from Agile neophytes to long time users share their knowledge and experience.

Do you have to register beforehand?
No registration is required.  Just come to the meeting.  But for this meeting I would really appreciate an email RSVP so that we can be sure to have enough room.

How can I get more information about the meetings?
Please get in touch with the meeting coordinator,  Judy Dobry ([hidden email]).

Do you have a Web site?
agile.berkeley.edu is our web site.  It has all kinds of materials for both new and experienced agile users

How do I add myself to your mailing list?
Go to http://agile.berkeley.edu.

Do you have any other Agile activities?
We have an hour long introduction to Agile that we are happy to present to any campus group that requests it.

Who organizes all this?
We have an Organizing Committee that anyone is welcome to join.  Current members include Michelle Bautista(CSS), Kim Carl (VC - Research), Jon Conhaim (TPO), Judy Dobry (Grad Div), Devin Jones (Law), Marlita Kahn (IST), Wendy Pennell (EECS),  Donna Seaward (Haas), Lisa Martin (Haas), Kendall Moalem (CSS) and Ken Sumikawa (SAIT)

--
Judy Dobry
Director, Systems

To learn more about Micronet, please visit the Micronet Web site: http://micronet.berkeley.edu

Messages you send to this mailing list are public and world-viewable, and the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet. This means these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses, prospective employers, and people who have known you in the past.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Micronet" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/lists.berkeley.edu/group/micronet-list/.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/lists.berkeley.edu/d/msgid/micronet-list/f35e5300-42dd-1837-97ba-f33d3f10edc5%40berkeley.edu.