[Micronet] The July-December Calpact schedule is open for registration.

[Micronet] The July-December Calpact schedule is open for registration.

Kathleen Valerio

Hi all,

The Center for Organizational and Workforce Effectiveness (COrWE) is pleased to announce Calpact’s July through December schedule which you will find attached as well as on-line at http://hrweb.berkeley.edu/corwe/calpact.htm  Classes will be taught on Microsoft Office 2010 and Adobe CS3 by UCB's training partner AcademyX.

To sign up on-line go through the UCB Learning Center
Go to
http://Blu.berkeley.edu
Authenticate using your Calnet ID
select “UCB Learning Center”in the “Self Service” section.
>From there you can search “Calpact” to see the full schedule or by topic "Excel 2010" to find the course you want to enroll in.

Two courses worth noting are:

MS Transitions 2003-2010  A 90 minute presentation will be offered 3x a day in 150 U-Hall.

·         Aug 12th  at 10am, 1pm, 3pm

·         Sept 15th at 10am, 1pm, 3pm

·         Oct 13th at 10am, 1pm, 3pm

Each session will cover an overview of the Microsoft Office Suite interface changes from 2003/2007 to 2010. Attendees will get an introduction to updates and changes within key Office applications - Excel, Word and Powerpoint, as well as Windows 7. Office 2010 is similar to Office 2007.

Campus Calendaring “Bedework” is an open-source enterprise calendar system that supports public, personal, and group calendaring. It will be replacing Calagenda as the campus calendaring system beginning Fall 2010. It is designed to conform to current calendaring standards with a goal of attaining strong interoperability between other calendaring systems and clients. Bedework is built with an emphasis on higher education, though it is used by many commercial enterprises. The first workshop for early adopters will be offered:

·         Aug 19th 1-4pm

By the end of this class you will know how to propose and modify meetings and events, invite participants and resources, send email reminders, generate recurring events; and view group agendas.

Self-paced tutorials and reference books are available online through e-Learn. Go to Blu http://blu.berkeley.edu log-in with your CalNet ID and locate e-learn within the self-service box. Or sign up for one of our Open Computer Lab Sessions to try self-paced training beginning:

·         July 13th

If the posted CalPact schedule does not meet your needs, you can save 40% off retail classes in any topic AcademyX offers. To get the UCB rate, type “UC” in the "add coupon" then recalculate to see discounted price.

Kathleen Valerio
CalPact Coordinator &
Data Compliance Manager
Center for Organization & Workforce Effectiveness (COrWE)
191 University Hall
2199 Addison St.
Berkeley, CA 94720-3548

Ph 510 643-0452

CalpactJulyDecemberFlyer2010.pdf (141K) Download Attachment