[Micronet] Thinomenon RDC client

Graham Patterson

Does anyone have any experience with Thinomenon's Remote Desktop Client?
I'm mostly interested in it as an OS X based client.

The Microsoft RDC client is unstable (usually crashes on logging out of
the remote, or just freezes needing a Force Quit) in OS X 10.7 talking
to server 2012 / Win7+. OS X 10.7 to Server 2008 is fine.

OS X 10.8 is not happy about running the MS client either.

The Thinomenon client seems quick and scales the remote desktop well.
The basic version does not seem to let you save client configurations,
but since I mostly need to access servers I have no problem with that. I
shouldn't be storing credentials.

Any horror stories? 8-)

Graham

Ref. www.thinomenon.com/products/RemoteDesktopClient/default.aspx#details

Re: [Micronet] Thinomenon RDC client

Ben Gross
Hi Graham,

I have not tried the Thinomenon Remote Desktop Client. I have been using the iTap mobile RDP client for OS X (they also have one for iOS and Android). It is not free ($25 on the Mac App Store), but it works very well and supports features the official Microsoft Client does not for example Terminal Services Gateway and Remote FX. It also has a bookmark list, which is really useful. It supports NLA. I find it fast and stable.

Mac - iTap mobile RDP Introduction

Thank you,
Ben Gross
Manager, Endpoint Engineering and Infrastructure
Information Services and Technology Division
University of California, Berkeley

On Aug 29, 2013, at 7:29 PM, Graham Patterson <[hidden email]> wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with Thinomenon's Remote Desktop Client?
I'm mostly interested in it as an OS X based client.

The Microsoft RDC client is unstable (usually crashes on logging out of
the remote, or just freezes needing a Force Quit) in OS X 10.7 talking
to server 2012 / Win7+. OS X 10.7 to Server 2008 is fine.

OS X 10.8 is not happy about running the MS client either.

The Thinomenon client seems quick and scales the remote desktop well.
The basic version does not seem to let you save client configurations,
but since I mostly need to access servers I have no problem with that. I
shouldn't be storing credentials.

Any horror stories? 8-)

Graham

Ref. www.thinomenon.com/products/RemoteDesktopClient/default.aspx#details

Lawrence Hall of Science, UC Berkeley   510-643-2222