[Micronet] UC Learning Center

Catherine Madsen
Does anybody know who to contact for the UC learning center?  I have a
student who cannot login (error: The system could not locate your user
account. Please contact system administrator for assistance.) and
there's not info as to whom should be contacted.  Thank you!

Catherine

--
Catherine Madsen

Programmer Analyst
College of Chemistry
Berkeley, CA 94720-1460

TEL: 510-643-1706
FAX: 510-643-6178

Re: [Micronet] UC Learning Center

Aron Roberts
Hi Catherine,

At 13:45 -0700 2010-06-02, Catherine Madsen wrote:
>Does anybody know who to contact for the UC learning center?  I have a
>student who cannot login (error: The system could not locate your user
>account. Please contact system administrator for assistance.) and
>there's not info as to whom should be contacted.  Thank you!

   This question was asked - and responded to - recently on Micronet.
You can find that thread at:

   http://preview.tinyurl.com/24tr6pr

Cheers,

Aron Roberts
Information Services and Technology

--

>Catherine
>
>--
>Catherine Madsen
>
>Programmer Analyst
>College of Chemistry
>Berkeley, CA 94720-1460
>
>TEL: 510-643-1706
>FAX: 510-643-6178

>meetings, please visit the Micronet Web site:
>
>http://micronet.berkeley.edu
>
>Messages you send to this mailing list are public and
>world-viewable, and the list's archives can be browsed and searched
>on the Internet.  This means these messages can be viewed by (among
>others) your bosses, prospective employers, and people who have
>known you in the past.

Re: [Micronet] UC Learning Center

Tony Christopher
Alan DeHerrera +1 510 642-7414 [hidden email]

We have student employees experiencing the same problem.
Tony

At 14:05 -0700 2010-06-02, Aron Roberts wrote:
>    This question was asked - and responded to - recently on Micronet.
>You can find that thread at:
>
>    http://preview.tinyurl.com/24tr6pr

   The key piece of information in that thread was the email address
of the department that may run, or sponsor, the UC Learning Center.
In the email archives, however, that email address is - naturally -
elided :-).  Here it is once again, thanks to Liz Marsh:

At 09:56 -0700 2010-05-26, Liz Marsh wrote:
>CoRWE runs the learning center, so I'd try sending email to
>COrWE [at] berkeley.edu

   The COrWE unit also has a website at:
   http://hrweb.berkeley.edu/corwe.htm

Aron Roberts
Information Services and Technology

P.S. I've just left a message with a member of the CoRWE staff, to
let them know that students seem to occasionally be encountering this
error message on the Learning Center site, and thus might need
contact information, and/or pointers to online support resources,
that could help them resolve their login problems.

Re: [Micronet] UC Learning Center

Dedra Chamberlin
Hello all,

FYI -

UCB is participating in a pilot project related to improved user
provisioning for the UCOP Learning Management system (LMS).  UCOP
provides user account information to the LMS based on UCNetID, which is
a unique identifier assigned by UCOP.  At present, there is inconsistent
provisioning and sharing of UCNetID for students and affiliates and LMS
accounts for these populations must be provisioned manually (refer to
the contact info already sent out).

The pilot project involves ensuring that a UCNetID is created for
students and affiliates as well as employees, and that the UCNetID is
stored in our campus systems as well as at UCOP, so that all users can
authenticate to the Learning Center (by the way, Learning Center access
is part of the UC Trust effort and uses Shibboleth for authentication).

The LMS access pilot project is being led by staff at UCOP with local
leadership from Business and Technology Solutions and support from the
CalNet, IST Web Apps, and Data Services groups.  The pilot is currently
in the testing phase.

I do not know the specifics on when it will be rolled into production.

- Dedra
Dedra Chamberlin, Manager
CalNet - Identity and Access Management
SNS - System and Network Security