[Micronet] UPK Oracle Licensing

Tavares Ramone Nichols
Hello Micronet,

I am trying to find out some information about getting UPK Oracle installed on a server. I am trying to figure out what our licensing agreement is and what I would need to do to install it on a server without violating any licensing agreements.

--
Tavares Nichols
Vendor Systems Lead

Re: [Micronet] UPK Oracle Licensing

Walter Stokes

Tavares:

-          Oracle basically follows the honor system in terms of licensing. The User Productivity Kit (UPK) software can be downloaded from the Oracle Technology Network (OTN) here : http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/upk/downloads/index.html

-          It appears that the standard price for a UPK Developer is $17,500 for one developer. This is from the Corporate Price List here : http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/pricing/applications-price-list-070574.pdf . (Accessed via http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/pricing/price-lists/index.html ) . I do not see a price list on that web site that is applicable to government entities (i.e. UC Berkeley)

-          In addition, UCOP negotiated UC-wide discounts on certain Oracle products, but I do not see UPK in their price list negotiated in August of 2013 (which sets a 60% discount on certain products.)

-          The UPK does NOT fall into the list of products included in the UC Berkeley End User License Agreement (EULA) ; these products are mainly Campus Solutions, the Enterprise Edition of the database and related software.

I hope this helps.

Walter Stokes
Senior Manager, Data Services
UC Berkeley - Information Services & Technology
2195 Hearst Ave, Berkeley, CA 94720
Desk: 510-664-4084   Cell:  408-355-4029

Re: [Micronet] UPK Oracle Licensing

Tavares Ramone Nichols
Thank you.

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 1:57 PM, Walter Stokes <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Desk: <a href="tel:510-664-4084" value="+15106644084" target="_blank">510-664-4084   Cell:  <a href="tel:408-355-4029" value="+14083554029" target="_blank">408-355-4029

I am trying to find out some information about getting UPK Oracle installed on a server. I am trying to figure out what our licensing agreement is and what I would need to do to install it on a server without violating any licensing agreements.

--

Tavares Nichols

Vendor Systems Lead

Student Applications Management

Student Affairs Information Technologies

University of California, Berkeley