[Micronet] UPS battery recycle / disposal

[Micronet] UPS battery recycle / disposal

Bruce Satow
Does anyone know if there is a campus UPS battery drop off location?
The batteries that we replaced in our UPS didn't have a return shipping
label and there are two battery units about 35 to 40 pounds each.
Website says we can take it to Staples for a $10 fee, but not sure if
they mean this size.  The other location will only take sealed lead
batteries up to 25 lbs.  Will excess and salvage take this as well?

--
Bruce Satow
University of California at Berkeley

Re: [Micronet] UPS battery recycle / disposal

Gabriel Gonzalez
Hi Bruce,
 I am not sure if they have a drop off location, but I know EH&S
(Environment,Health & Safety) will pickup batteries. You can call them
to schedule a pickup, (510) 642-3073 or they have more information on
their website ehs.berkeley.edu

-Gabriel Gonzalez
Chief Technical Officer
UC Berkeley School of Law
366 Boalt Hall

On 5/23/2011 1:02 PM, Bruce Satow wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is a campus UPS battery drop off location?
> The batteries that we replaced in our UPS didn't have a return shipping
> label and there are two battery units about 35 to 40 pounds each.
> Website says we can take it to Staples for a $10 fee, but not sure if
> they mean this size.  The other location will only take sealed lead
> batteries up to 25 lbs.  Will excess and salvage take this as well?

Re: [Micronet] UPS battery recycle / disposal

Bruce Satow
Thanks Gabriel!  I will give them a try!